Chapter 16Interviewing and Following Up
1. For a job candidate, the job interview is an opportunity to do which of the following?
repeat information on the rsum
have the employer delve into your background to determine your pot
Chapter 6Writing Process Phase 3: Revise, Proofread, Evaluate
1. Phase 3 of the 3-x-3 writing process begins
with doing which of the following?a.
proofreading your documentb.
how to organize the messagec. analyzing your
Chapter 21 The Simplest Short-Run Macro Model
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) With respect to consumption, investment, government purchases and net exports, the national-income and
Chapter 12Informal Business Reports
1. Which of the following is a helpful technique for making sense of large amounts of numerical
data collected for a report?
a. Write the problem statement.
b. Ask for help on a discussion board.
Chapter 2Developing Team, Listening, and Etiquette Skills
1. Which of the following is an example of a hard
a. being able to work well as part of a teamb.
knowing how to engage in appropriate small
talk at a business social function
Chapter 3Communicating Across Cultures
1. Which of the following statements about the
global economy is MOST accurate?
a. Although the global village was predicted
years ago, it is far from being a reality.b.
Although many national compani
Chapter 15The Job Search, Rsums, and Cover Letters
1. What is a job candidates first step in the employment process?
researching salary, benefits, and job stability in a chosen field
developing an effective rsum to be sent to p
Chapter 13Proposals and Formal Reports
1. What is the MOST accurate statement about proposals?
Internal proposals often take the form of informational reports.
Most proposals are unsolicited.
Proposals are written offers to sol
Chapter 5Writing Process Phase 2:
Research, Organize, Compose
1. Which of the following is done during Phase 2
of the writing process?a.
ADIF: 3 REF:p. 147
Chapter 11Business Report Basics
1. Which of the following statements about business reports is MOST accurate?
a. Business reports are uncommon in low-context cultures.
b. Management decisions in many organizations are based on information
Chapter 7E-Mail Messages and Memos
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason that e-mail is such an important communication tool in
a. Todays managers need input from employees to respond rapidly to local and global ma