Most students who enter a college-level general education
course in biology do so with strong opinions on the topic of
evolution. What was your initial impression of evolution,
before learning anything about it in this course. Don't tell me
what you think
What is a life cycle?
Description of growth and reproduction of an individual.
What are gametes?
Sperm and egg, Beginning cells that unite.
What process produces eggs and sperm (mitosis or
What is the name of the process that brings t
What does the word evolution mean?
What is biological evolution?
A change in the characteristics of a population of organisms
that occur over the course of generations.
How are the changes inherited?
Is the current obesity problem in the
What is genetic engineering?
The use of one or more techniques to alter hereditary traits
in an organism.
What does the "GM" in GM foods stand for?
What does it mean to "regulate gene expression" - what is
Mother ff non-sports fan
Father ff non sports fan
100% probability of being a non-sports fan.
Mother Ff sports fan
Father Ff sports fan
75% probability of being a sports fan, 25% probabilit
Veronica Feemster Moodys Module 3 Assignment
1. I hypothesize that cabbage extract mixed with distilled water will result in a purple
solution, indicating that it is neutral. (A)
2. I hypothesize that cabbage extract mixed with white vinegar wi
Veronica Feemster Moodys Module 7 Assignment
1. For this experiment I used Great Value brand dish soap.
2. Alcohol was used to precipitate the DNA out of the solution.
3. The dish soap solution caused the cells to lyse.
4. According to the YouTu
Veronica Feemster Moodys Module 5 Assignment
Bottle A: I hypothesize that yeast, sugar, and water will produce carbon dioxide gas, thus making
the balloon inflate and stand straight up.
Bottle B: I hypothesize that sugar and water will not prod
Veronica Feemster Moodys Module 11 Assignment
1. I chose a video from the suggested list called Epigenetics: How Food Upsets Our
2. I chose this video because I wanted to understand more about how our food choices affect
our genes, particularly in
Veronica Feemster Moodys Module 4 24hour Assignment
Red (Control) 19mm x 9mm x 10mm = 1,710mm3
Yellow (Water) 19mm x 9mm x 10mm = 1,710mm3
Green (Salt Solution) 19mm x 9mm x 10mm = 1,710mm3
24 hour volumes
Red (Control) 19mm x 9mm x 10mm =
Veronica Feemster Moodys Module 2 Assignment
1. The carboxyl group had a double bond within it.
2. Nitrogen and hydrogen atoms make up an amino group.
3. Oxygen and hydrogen atoms make up a hydroxyl group.
4. The hydroxyl group is hydrophilic.
5. The amin
Veronica Feemster Moodys Module 4 Final Assignment
11. Based on my experimental results, the salt solution was hypertonic to the Gummi bear.
12. Based on my experimental results, the tap water was hypotonic to the Gummi bear.
13. A blood cell wi
Veronica Feemster Moodys Module 4 Switch Assignment
8. The Gummi bear that was originally in the water was hypertonic at the time so it gained water
(got larger). Moving the bear to the salt solution made it hypotonic, so due to osmosis it lost its
Veronica Feemster Moodys Module 9 Assignment
1. The probabilities of blood genotypes and phenotypes for the offspring from a cross
between a mother with IAIA blood and a father with IBi blood are as follows:
a. Genotypes: 50% IAIB 50% IAi
b. Phenotypes: 5
I hypothesize that cabbage extract combined with colorless vinegar, will
result in a pink or red solution, indicating it is an acid.
I hypothesize that cabbage extract combined with baking soda, will result in
a blue or green solution, indicating it is a