Pl ate Tectonics
4.11 STUDENT RESPONSES
The following is a summary of the questions in this lab for ease in submitting
1. Brazil (Latitude and Longitude)
2. Angola (Latitude and Longitude)
3. Measure in centimeters
2.8 STUDENT RESPONSES
1. Observe the velocities of the waves on the graph. Which one travels faster?
a. P waves
b. S waves
2. Inspect the P wave velocities. Where do the P wave velocities abruptly change?
a. ~20 km
5.11 Student Responses
1. What type of stream drainage pattern is present on this map? This may be
easier to determine by examining the tributaries to the main stream.
Principles of Macroeconomics
This practice test has been designed to mimic the format and difficulty of your in class test.
Specific questions will not be repeated. You will have the entire class period
Quarter 0, Day 1
Cost of Goods Sold
Net Operating Income
Income before Taxes
Cash Flow Statement
Cash from Operatio
Campus Credits Level Start
Princ of Managerial Main Big 3.000 UG
202 006 Accounting
300 003 Advertising/IMC
We are particularly interested in the history and events that occur on the surface of the Earth both because it is easier to directly observe and test, and has
direct relevance to our lives and our own
Lab 7 Structural Geology
STRESS - direct
pressure on the rock.
Compressive = shorten
Tensional = extension
STRAIN when rock
is stressed to the point
of failure = perma
In any introductory textbook on physical geology, the reader will find the discussion on metamorphic rocks located after the chapters on igneous and sedimentary rocks, and for very good reason. Metamorph
13.10 STUDENT RESPONSES
1. For Carrier, Oklahoma, what is the approximate time of the arrival of the first
a. 10 seconds
b. 15 seconds
c. 21 seconds
d. 30 seconds
2. For Marlow, Oklahoma, what is the approxima
Considering the amount of exploitation of resources in the Easter Islands, when deforestation
started around the 1400s then when the clearance was complete around the 1600s, it only took 200
years for everything to
6. South Atlantic Ocean.
7. Both the daylight and night portions.
11. The sun had already set leaving darkness.
12. Almost parallel.
14. Bright whit
The syllabus for GEOL 1304: Introduction to Meteorology has as its main objective, the
outline of the structure and content of the course. It starts by stating the courses objectives
scientific methods, major scientific discoveries and
1. Distinguish between weather and climate.
a. Weather is the state of the atmosphere at a particular time and place. It is the
current value of temperature, humidity, or precipitation. Climate, on the other
hand, has been traditionally defin