Background Waterfall v. Agile
There is two main schools of thought regarding the process of developing information
system IS: The waterfall and agile approach. Despite the fact that presently, the
regulations in most organization governing the contract
Class Discussion Interest Rate & Bond
1. Corporate As bonds are currently yielding 8%, with the following estimates of current
interest rate premiums: inflation premium (3.25%); liquidity premium (0.6%), maturity risk
premium (1.8%); default risk premium
Class Discussion Investment Appraisal
What is the NPV of a proposed investment project which has the following data?
Cost of equipment
Working capital required
Salvage value of equipment
Annual cash inflows from the project
Required rate of return
Business Functional Areas
Study how information technology can be
applied to increase the efficiency and
productivity of the following departments:
List major hardware components of computers
and explain their functions.
Classify computers into major categories
Differentiate between the two major types of
Matthias Pahl/Age Fotostock America, Inc.
1. Compare and contrast the two major types of
2. Describe the wireline communications media
and transmission technologies.
3. Describe th
Strategic uses of information systems
(AIRASIA case study)
Read the article given to you (case study about
Base on what you have learned in chapter 2, identify
which of the FIVE competitive advantages th
Strategic Uses of
1. Identify effective IT responses to different kinds
of business pressures.
2. Describe the strategies that organizations
typically adopt to gain competitive advantages.
The use of infor
1. Give one specific example of each of the five factors that are
contributing to the increasing vulnerability of information
2. Compare and contrast human mistakes and social
engineering by wa
Class Discussion Dividend
1. The balance sheet for Chevelle Corp. is shown here in market value terms. There are 10,000
shares of stock outstanding.
Market value balance sheet