HIS 2111 Chapter 7 Study Guide Answers
1. The practice of boarding another countrys ship and forcing a sailor to serve in a foreign
countrys Navy is called Impressment.
2. Describe the Chesapeake affair. The British ship The Leopard pulled up alongside of
Cortes's letter is a primary source because all of the things he wrote about were things he had
experienced personally in his life. All of the things that he wrote were things that he actually observed
from the explanation of the city, the people, the sto
Abortion: Once again, this is one of those issues where the media presents
experts to legitimize a story on abortion but those experts are always members
of left-wing think tanks or abortion advocates like Planned Parenthood. N
Abolition of Slavery
Slavery meant that one person had ownership over another individual. That person often
worked under horrible conditions and long hours. Many and most of the decisions regarding their
lives were made by their owner. Mo
1. Name three people who left the English Puritan colony and founded new
c. Thomas Hooker
2. What did Sweden give us? They colonized the delaware
3. Name three American c
CHAPTER 4 INFORMATION SHEET
CHRONOLOGY OF THE CAUSES OF THE REVOLUTIONARY
1. FRENCH AND INDIAN WAR 1756-1763. THE ENGLISH MADE THE AMERICAN
COLONIES PAY FOR THE WAR THEY TAXED US.
2. STAMP TAX 1765 EXTERNAL TAX STAMP TAX CONGRESS MET AND OUR
History 2111 Chapter 8 Study Guide Answers
1. Because no one ran against James Monroe in the Presidential election of 1820 this period of
history is called the Era of Good Feeling.
2. Explain the Missouri Compromise. The Missouri Compromise was an agreeme
History 2111 Chapter 14 Study Guide
The Civil War lasted from _1861_ to 1865_.
The surrender occurred where? Appomattox
Why did Lincoln ask Congress to declare war? To save the Union
History 2111 Review For Second Test
Election of 1800_20_
The Louisiana Purchase_16_
The Burr-Hamilton Duel_10_
The Lewis and Clark Exp._9_
War Hawks _13_
Indian Conspiracy _6_
The National Anthem_4_
History 2111 Chapter 11 Study Guide Answers
1. Why did the South remain so different from the North different industrially and commercially?
a. Great profits in cotton
b. South became short sighted and greedy; ignored all reforms and progressive issues
History 2111 Chapter 9 Study Guide
1. What terrible thing happened right before Jackson became President? His wife died.
2. Andrew Jackson preferred that federal revenue money be put in state banks.
3. Andrew Jackson didnt rehire many of the people in Was
History 2111 Chapter 13 Study Guide Answers 2nd Half
The Kan-Neb Act was whose idea? Stephen Douglas
Why didnt the act work? No one enforced it.
Chaos occurred in Kansas over the K&N Act because No one enforced i