History questions Chapter 2
1. Why was so much faith placed into organized religion in order to maintain order in the
2. Was being banished about the equivalent as being set to death today?
3. What were the major driving factors that
1. Why was the advice of not joining foreign alias listened too but the advice not to for
political parties ignored?
2. Why were the black codes made stricter in the face of freedom rather than letting them
3. What were the ma
Ch 6 and 7 questions
1. Why do you think the north believed in free labor while the south relied heavily on
2. Why were religious sects set as equal, when there were Christian African Americans
being used as slaves?
3. Why w
Chapter 3 questions
1) How long has indentured servitude been practiced in England?
2) Where most of the people that came to America desperate to escape the conditions of their
3) It seemed like there were two di
1. If slavery would have been downplayed, would the South have gained more European
2. Did the Civil War advance the role of women in American society?
3. What would have America become if the South had won the Civil War?
1. What exactly does manifest destiny mean?
2. Was manifest destiny only a concept derived to acquire all of the land between the Pacific
and Atlantic oceans?
3. Ultimately was the idea of manifest destiny intended to turn Am
1. Was illiteracy a legitimate problem in the South?
2. Do you believe the lack of literate people in the South helped to slow ideas of equality?
3. Which were more successful, the moral arguments against slavery or the economic
Ch. 11 questions
1. Without the increased demand for cotton would the need for slavery have died out?
2. How common was it for a white northerner to help a runaway slave?
3. How common was a black uprising to occur on a southern pla
Dr. Mark Boulton
Chapter 1 questions
1. Do you believe that Adam Smith may still have been biased towards the European
Nations benefit to colonization?
2. Adam Smith comments on the misfortunes of the indigenous population. He claims