Psychology: The study of the mind and mental processes, especially in relation to
behavior (Definition of Psychology, 2004). Deriving from philosophy as early as the 17th
century, the Greeks studied the human psyche which gave insigh
I. AGD: What do you think of when you see somebody with a Mac or Apple product? A
wealthy businessman or woman? Or a r ich college student that you can mooch off of?
I I. Linking Statement: Macs represent high social status
P rocess Speech
I. AGD: Has anyone ever watched a game of tennis on TV? Maybe you are watching the US
Open or just f lipping through channels? The first t ime I saw a match I didnt know
anything about tennis and these guys were just going at
Q uiz 1
-Describe, Explain, Predict, Control.
-Extension of waking life - Dreams are an extension of waking life
-Entering the spirit world
-Activation-synthesis - random fi ring of neurons
Goals of Psychology
1. Describe - to describe the different ways that organisms behave.
2. Explain - to explain the cause of behavior.
3. Predict - to predict how organisms will behave in certain situations.
4. Control - to control an organism's behavior.
p.17 psychologist vs. psychiastrist
- Psychologist spend 4-5 years in postgraduate education and obtain Ph.d. in psychology meanwhile
psychiatrists is a Medican Doctor.
p.18-19 Areas of Specialization
- Social and personality, Developmental, Experime
Module 8: Hypnosis
- Age regression
- Confabulation: person under hypnosis may give incorrect information
- Imagined Perception
- Posthypnotic Suggestion
- Post hypnotic Amnesia
- Hypnotic Analgesia: pain reduction through hyp
T wo Types of Needs
- Innate Need (Primary)
- Aquired Need (Secondary)
- Social Needs
Read other social needs
- Instinctual Theory
- Innate Factors
- Fixed action patterns
- Reward/Pleasure Center Theo
- Highly developed language ability
- Obervational learning
- Purposeful behavior
- Self analysis
- Internal/External Locus of control
- Delay of gratification
- Self efficacy
- How people d
Narrative Process Essay
Back when my brother and sister were still in high school and I was in elementary, I
would always see them watching tennis on the television. At that time it seemed fairly cool but I
paid no attention to it until my later year