BIO 315 MICROBIOLOGY: MID TERM EXAM 1 Spring 2010
Please fill in your name and ID number on your answer sheet before starting. Do not write anything under the column marked birthdate. Answers to the multiple choice questions must be filled in on the answe
BIO 315 SPRING 2010
BIO 315 - MICROBIOLOGY Final Exam Spring 2010
Fill in your name and SOLAR I.D. number on your answer sheet before starting. Answers to the multiple choice questions must be filled in on the answer sheet with a #2 pencil. The
SYLLABUS for BIO 315: MICROBIOLOGY SPRING 2010
I nstructor: L ectures: D r. Matthew Schmidt M onday and Wednesday, 3:50 - 5:10 P.M., R m. 100 Javits Lecture Center T extbook: B IO 315 Microbiol ogy Edu - Pack , Schmidt ( Rothman Media). O ffice: L ife Sci
Third Midterm Examination
Name: [Print]_Key_ Name:[Signature]_ Student number_ Instructions: Write in INK. Examinations written in pencil or erasable ink will not be read and a failing grade will be assigned. DO NOT USE DIAGRAMS FO
The correct answers for the questions are given below the questions in bold text. The rationale for the answer is provided in italics following the answer in bold, this rationale is provided to help you understand why the given answer is the correct one.
Rachelle Bleck Bio 315 Quiz #9 Good Luck
1. (t/f) Animal viruses are enveloped. 2. (t/f) DNA viruses carry their genome double stranded 3. (Naked/ Enveloped) do not bud and result in cell lysis. 4. Does a provirus ever leave the DNA? no 5. A _host_ is an
Quiz 12 chapter 24+25 and a bit of immunology T.A Shafkat Hussain
1. Which one below is not true about Staphylococuus sp.? A. Adapted to high salt concentration B. Most stains are resistant to penicillinase C. S epidermis makes up 90% of skin microbiota D
Bio 315 quiz 11 T.A Shafkat Hussain 7 correct=full point, at least 4 right=0.5 credit. Chapter 17 Answer key will be emailed 1. Which example below is not a part of the first line of defense? A. lysozyme damaging bacterial cell wall. B lacrimal apparatus
Bio 315 quiz 10 T.A Shafkat Hussain 7 correct=full point, at least 4 right=0.5 credit. Chapter 15 and parts of 16. Answer key will be emailed
1. Most common portal of pathogen entry is A. urogenital tract. B. respiratory tract C. urinary tract. D. G.I tra
Quiz 9 CHAPTER 14 AND PART OF CHAPTER 15 T.A Shafkat Hussain Answer key will be emailed 7 correct= full credit, at least 4 correct= half credit
1. Which disease is not caused by an RNA virus? A. Encephalitis B. Ebola C. cystitis D. Infectious mononucleosi
Bio 315 quiz 7 T.A Shafkat Hussain 7 correct=full point, at least 4 right=0.5 credit. Chapter 12 and 13.
1. Algae are plant-like protists, in that they .
2. If you are testing sample pond water, which algae below are most
Quiz 11 Good Luck!
1. (t/f) Blood is a connective tissue. 2. Where are T cells produced? Bone marrow 3. Where do they mature? Thymus gland 4. Monocytes and lymphocytes are types of (granulocytes/agranulocytes). 5. _seventy_ percent of white blood cells a
Bio 315 quiz 8 T.A Shafkat Hussain 7 correct=full point, at least 4 correct=0.5 credit. Chapter 11 Answer key will be emailed
1. Mendosicutes have no a. protien b. lysozome c. techoic acid d. peptidoglycan
in their cell walls
2. Primary producers in aquat
BIO 315 - MICROBIOLOGY MID-TERM EXAM 2 Spring 2010 _
Please fill in your name and ID number on your answer sheet before starting. PLEASE do not write anything under the column marked birthdate. Answers to the multiple choice questions must be filled in on