Atomic and Nuclear Structure
Bohr model of the atom
nucleus (protons and neutrons)
atomic # = Z (# of protons)
mass # = N+Z
(N = # of neutrons)
Metals vs. non-metals
Moving Man PHET Simulation Activity
For each scenario below, make a prediction about each distance, velocity, and acceleration vs. time
graph. Then, model the motion on the simulation (https:/phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/movingman) by clicking
PHYSICS- Acceleration Chase Problems EC
It is observed that rider A closes the 48 feet gap (shown below) in a time of 6 seconds.
(a) What speed was rider A moving with while located 48 feet behind rider B ?
rider A speed ? _
(b) As timed from when
Sample Laboratory Report: Determination of the Chemical Formula of a Copper
Name: Joe A. Student
Partner: Jane B. Chemist
Instructor: Bill J. Ta
Date Submitted: Jan. 1, 2007
Objective: to determine the chemical formula of an unknown oxide of copper
Oxidation loss of electrons
Reduction gain of electrons
1) Elements in their elemental form are in the zero oxidation state.
2) Group 1 metals are +1 and Group 2 metals are +2.
3) Hydrogen is +1 except whe
Three laws of thermodynamics
1) Conservation of energy (Energy cant be created or destroyed).
2) For a spontaneous process, the entropy of the universe increases.
3) A perfect crystal at 0K has zero entropy.
E = q + w
w = -P V
Gas in a pist
Definition of Equilibrium forward rate = reverse rate
Equilibrium constant (mass action ratio)
K > 1
Products favored at eq.
K < 1
Reactants favored at eq.
present at eq.
Solvent, solute, saturated, unsaturated, supersaturated
1) All Group I metal, NH4+, and NO3- salts are soluble
2) Most Ag+, Pb2+, and Hg22+ salts ar
Endo- vs. Exothermic
(q = mc T)
Kinetic Molecular Theory
Ideal Gas Assumptions
1) Gas molecules themselves have no volume
2) No intermolecul
Models of the Atom and periodic Trends Exam Study Guide
What is the term for the weighted average mass of all the naturally occurring isotopes of an
Which is exactly equal to 1/12 the mass of a carbon -12 atom?