International Finance Sample Questions
1. An arbitrage is best defined as
A. A legal condition imposed by the CFTC.
B. The act of simultaneously buying and selling the same or equivalent assets or commodities for the
An arbitrage is best defined as the act of simultaneously buying and selling the
same or equivalent assets or commodities for the purpose of making
When interest rate parity (IRP) does not hold there are opportunities fro covered
1. Describe the difference between a swap broker and a swap dealer.
A swap broker arranges a swap between two counterparties for a fee without
taking a risk position in the swap.
A swap dealer is a market maker of swaps and as
1. Yes. The reason that they should is because EARs can provide the relevant rate.
2. Since the payment is $25,000 per year forever, I apply to the perpetuity formula
Pv=PMT/r, and r=6%. So Pv= $416666.67. You will pay $416666
1. A statement that summarized an economys transactions with the rest of the
world for a specified time period.
2. A country can run an overall BOP deficit or surplus by engaging in the official
reserve transactions. For examp
International Finance Full 2015
Homework 1 (Due on 3/2)
1. The Financial Management Decision Process. What are the three types of financial
management decisions? For each type of decision, give an example of a business transaction
that would be relevant.
Capital budgeting, for example planning to invest another plants.
Capital structure, for example paying back long-term debt that company had.
Working capital management, for example paying back money that company owned t
BUS 331: International Finance
Instructor: Dr. Keli Xiao
Office: Harriman Hall, Room 314E
Office Hours: Tuesday 3:00pm 4:00pm
Email: [email protected]
Time: Tuesday and Thursday, 4:00pm 5:20pm
Classroom: Harriman Hall 111
PHIL SO GOOD LOUNGE
EXPRESS YOURSELF 1 MAJOR NEW EDITION
EXPRESS YOURSELF 2 MAJOR NEW EDITION
LET'S TALK FUNNY
SPEAK YOURMIND 1
SPEAK YOURMIND 2
TALK TALK TALK 1 MAJOR NEW EDITION
Professor. Brandon Bjertnes
I researched the occupation Hospital
administrator it is the head of business management of every hospital. The salary starts
off at 55,470 and goes up to around $155,130 and yes that is what I
Case Study 3
Managing a Global Team
In recent years domestic companies have greatly transitioned into the world
economy causing International Business to rapidly grow. However when
transitioning your business into a foreig