Introducing the Doctrine & Covenants
1) Under what circumstances did Joseph receive sections 1 and 133? Why are they placed where they
are in the Doctrine & Covenants?
Joseph Smith received the revelation for sections 1 and 133 during a special conference
Law of Consecration
2. The Lord seems to be concerned for His covenant people. In verses 17-22 it talks about how the Lord
desires to give His covenant people a land of promise for their inheritance. He has made the earth rich
specifically for us
What Counts as Doctrine for Latter-day Saints?
For Latter-day Saints doctrine is what is written in the scriptures and truths taught to us by
prophets and apostles. Doctrine is the simple, but pure truths of our religion. As Elder
The First Vision
1. Why is the story of the first vision so important to Latter-day Saints?
Joseph Smith's first vision is so important to Latter-day Saints because it marks the beginning of
the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. His vision led to
Priesthood Power, Authority, and Church Organization
1) Elder Oaks says that although women do not have the priesthood, they do have authority given unto
them to do sacred things for the Lord like temple ordinances and missionary work. The relief society
Coming Forth of the Book of Mormon
1) The Book of Mormon is said to be translated by the power and gift of God, from your reading of the
various articles, what are some of the ways Joseph was helped in translating? How is this translation
different from n
1. In verses 7-9 it says that Christ is the light of the sun, the moon, and the stars. I took this to mean that
because Jesus Christ created the sun, moon, and stars, he is in them. In the chapter heading it says these
creations are controlled
Plan of Salvation and Spirit World
1. What does section 19 teach about eternal punishment and hell?
It teaches us that eternal punishment is God's punishment. The spirits who go to hell do not stay there
forever and are not cast out. Only those who did no
Restoration of Priesthood and Keys
1. What keys belong to the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthood?
The keys that belong to the Aaronic Priesthood include the ministering of angels and the
ministering of the gospel of repentance and baptism by immersion, or
Sons of Perdition (30-39): They will not be redeemed in the due time of the Lord, but instead they will
suffer the wrath of God and go away into a lake of fire and brimstone with the devil. The sons of
perdition do not receive redemption. It is
The Law of Consecration
1. Have you read all the assigned sections and articles? Please make sure you
have done this before answering the questions.
2. Section 38 is preparatory for the Law of Consecration. What category of people
does the Lord seeme