Biochemistry 3rd Exam Study Guide Fatty acids are long chains of hydrocarbons Unsaturated = the presence of double bonds Name of Fatty Acid Myristic Acid Palmitic Acid Stearic Acid Oleic Acid Linoleic Acid Linolenic Acid Arachodonic Acid Number of Ca
Problem Set 2 (Ch 3)
1. Which isomer (L or D) of amino acids is naturally-occurring in proteins?
2. Which of the following amino acids is considered hydrophobic?
3. Which amino acid has a pKa near neutra
Problem Set 3 (Ch4)
1. When a peptide bond is formed, a(n) _molecule is also made.
2. _: This amino acid residue disrupts the helix because its side chain contains a
unique ring structure that restricts bond rotations.
3. The plot that allows one to inves
Problem Set 1: Chapters 1-2
What four elements make up 99% of at atoms in living organisms?
What are the four major classes of biological molecules?
Explain the Central Dogma of biological informa