2. Arginine can to serve as positively charge recognition sites for negatively charged
substrates and anionic cofactors in enzyme active sites. Arginine is preferred over lysine
because it cause a 2000-fold increase in Michaelis constant for pyruvate,
October 2, 2012
BIOL 4165 Exam One
1. When organisms are conceived, processes and traits from each parent are passed on to
their offspring. Processes and traits that are more favorable are passed on first and those
that are less favorab
1. What is the gas in the floats of siphonophores?
2. What is used for buoyancy in Cranchid squids?
3. What is the gas in the chambers of the Nautilus?
4. The pressure of gas in the chamber of a chambered nautilus at 240 meters