- Best uses
- Routine News (new leadership, new employees, some change in policy, etc)
- Special Events
- Bad News
- 1-2 weeks for routine
- 2-8 weeks; could be for large scale events (months or years in advance)
- Looking at story from different angles. Good example is the floods here, the first
few days it was all about crisis mode, now we are seeing stories going deeper by
going into the individual stories of people who were flooded. Go beyo
Step 1: analyze the subject and identify the target (for me, IGN)
Trade or Consumer Publications
Consumer: mass media publications, your audience is the general public, something that is
made for a wide general audience
Trade Magazines: Game Informer, swi
- Can I answer these questions: Who am I writing for? Why am I writing this piece?
- Is the overall tone appropriate?
- Did I cover the main points included in my draft?
- What is my core message?
- Did I include call to action?
- Is it accurate?