Chapter 9 Review
Question 1 Which variable in an experiment is manipulated by the researcher?
Question 2 In the study of bystanders and thieves presented in the text, participants are invited to a
store where they see someone steal th
Chapter 11 Review
Attitudes are a type of _. psychological property
Which characteristic of mapping rules refers to ordered numbers in which one number is greater than,
less than, or equal to another number? Order
Chapter 5 Review
All of the following are examples of primary sources of information except _.
Micah is reviewing encyclopedia entries, textbooks, handbooks, and magazine and newspaper articles to gather information
Chapter 1 Review
Northwest Airlines applied mathematical models to determine which customers in its database were
currently responsible for most of its profitability and which customers were not currently profitable
but had similar characterist
CHAPTER 6 REVIEW
1. All of the following are possible goals of an exploratory study except _.
2. In the best-selling book, Good to Great, the author examined the characteristics of eleven highly successful
companies by studying the full co
Chapter 10 Review
1. Surveys are used in _ research studies.
2. Rachel is conducting telephone interviews for Blockbuster on perceptions of its new "No Late Fees" program.
When she interviews customers of the NetFlix service, she tends to ch
Chapter 2 Review
The goal of ethics in research is to _.
to ensure that no one is harmed
provide incentives to
Anne is introducing a group of research participants to the study at hand. T
Chapter 4 Review
The process of stating the basic dilemma and then developing other questions by progressively breaking down the
original question into more specific ones is called the _.
Chapter 8 Review
1. Which of the following is a condition in which observation is an appropriate method for data
Natural setting is imperative
2. The recording of physical actions or movements of participants is called _ observation.