Assignment Week 7
7. What role does personal selling play within marketing function?
Personal selling occurs when a company representative interacts directly with a
customer or prospective customer to communicate about a good or service. It all
Mini-Case #1 - Real Choices at Mattel
Because Mattel has been rated as one of the most responsible corporations in
2013, it can be shocking to anyone when they discover how many times the company
has been forced to recall its products (Marshall, Solomon,
Assignment Week 4
2. What is the difference between the core product, the actual product, and the augmented
The core product consists of all the benefits the product will provide for consumers or business
customers. The actual product i
Assignment Week 3
2. Explain habitual decision making, limited problem solving, and extended problem solving.
What is the role of perceived risk in the decision process?
Habitual decision making is a decision that is made with little or no consc
Assignment Week 2
2. Explain what world trade means. What is the role of the WTO and economic communities in
encouraging free trade? What is protectionism? Explain import quotas, embargoes, and tariffs.
World trade refers to the flow of goods an
Mini-Case #2 Real Choices at Starbucks
Although Starbucks had initially planned to expand the 23-store chain of La Boulange
bakeries to more than 400 locations within five years, they have instead decided to make the
opposite decision by shutting the stor
Assignment Week 8
1. What is a channel of distribution? What are channel intermediaries?
The channel of distribution refers to the activities that move finished goods from
manufacturers to final customers, including order processing, warehousin
Assignment Week 5
2. Describe and give examples of some of the following types of pricing objectives:
profit, market share, competitive effort, customer satisfaction, and image enhancement.
Profit is a financial gain, especially the difference
2. List and describe the elements of the marketing mix.
The elements of the marketing mix are commonly referred as the four Ps: Product, Price,
Promotion, and Place.
5. Briefly explain how marketing is different for a nonprofit or
Assignment Week 6
2. Describe the traditional communication model.
The traditional communication model explains how organizations create and transmit
messages from the marketer to the consumer, who understands what the marketer
intends to say.
2) World trade means flow of goods and service among different countries, the total
value of all the exports and imports of the worlds nations. The WTO member
nations account for 95% of world trade, WTO main function is to ensure that trade
How should stores do a better job of targeting promotions?
Pros With gathering information on your customers, it allows you to
personalize the shopping experience for that customer. The company is
able to send out weekly coupons to each customer based on
16. Be able to explain how gross ratings points (GRPs) are computed, i.e., what two important
measures are combined and how are they combined.
a. GRP= Reach x Frequency
b. Gross Rating Points- To determine how much advertising volume or weight is necessar
Chapter 14 International Marketing Channels
1. The distribution process includes promotion of goods and services by sellers and
Answer: False Page: 396 Difficulty: Moderate Type: Comprehension
2. One of the distinguishing c
1. Be able to explain what a media plan is and what media planning involves.
a. Media plan: is the guide for media selection; it requires
development of specific media objectives and specific media
strategies (plans of action) designed to attai
Explain some of the different types of trade sales promotions marketers
Trade promotion is targeted at resellers distributing manufactures' product to the
consumers. There are three accomplishments that the trade sale promotion wants.
KFC is facing with growth and in need of making decisions in order to
save its brand name. The analysis start
I do not go out and buy clothes often. However, when I do, I
realized that I have some patterns in my shopping behavior that is
called data mining.
Data mining is the advantage of analyzing patterns or behavior
from large amount of data. With the power of
2: Explain what world trade means. What is the role of the WTO and
economic communities in encouraging free trade? What is
protectionism? Explain import quotas, am- bargoes, and tariffs.
The World Trade Organization is established for helping sm
Hawaii Pacific University
Mini-Case #1 - Real Choices at Mattel
Professor Cheryl Ann Farrell
The decision facing Mattel is to continue to produce their products Internationally,
cheaply, or produce them in the