Chapter 3 Homework
4. Explain the meaning of design for manufacture (DFM) and give some examples: DFM is a
series of guidelines that we should follow to produce a product easily and profitably. F
Chapter 4 Homework
5) For the next item you buy, determine its supply chain: Avocados: Farming,
harvesting, quality control, packers, distributors, wholesalers, and storefront.
6) How do supply chains f
1. Write a short paragraph describing what is contained in the assignment document
Iron Triangle of scope, time and cost is very important for efficient management of a project.
This triple constrain
Chapter 1 and 2 Homework
4) The three major business functions are marketing, operations, and finance. Many of the
decisions made by operations managers are dependent on information from the other function
Chapter 5 Homework
2. Describe the TQM philosophy and identify its major characteristics: An integrated effort
designed to improve quality performance at every level of the organization. Its major
SCM Exam 1
-Pros and cons of outsourcing: Operations Management is responsible for the way a company
views their customers, competitors, and suppliers. Key issues are meeting customer needs and
getting the right product to diverse markets. Outsourcing ena
What is OM? What is Supply Chain?
- Supply Chain - Network of Activities
Product and Process
DFM, Design for Environment, Concurrent Engineering
- DFM, less components/easier to make, instead of tools, snap it together, simplifies
Product Design Process
- Someone thinks of a need and a product.service design to satisfy it: customers,
marketing engineering, competitors, benchmarking, reverse engineering
- Every business needs a formal/s
Project Closure Simulation Assignment
Main project objectives have been usually represented by Iron triangle of scope, time and cost.
Success of project depends upon whether these three iron triangle features objectives have been
met. For suc