1) Fire history in an open pine woodland ecosystem would be best determined by _.
A) the density of vegetation
B) soil chemistry
C) charcoal in the soil
D) ambient air temperature
E) tree ring scars
2) _ are replacing primary forests in much of
1) Zebra mussels _.
A) are native to Canada
B) were introduced into the United States in the early 1900s
C) excrete waste that facilitates algae blooms and subsequent eutrophication of lakes
D) are an invasive exotic species that clogs water int
1) A population of birds is found on a remote island. Which of the following information is most
important in deciding if the birds all belong to a single species?
A) Whether the matings produce viable eggs or offspring of some matings are steri
1) The human population is approximately _.
A) 10 billion
B) 1.5 million
C) 6.9 million
D) 7 billion
E) 1.5 billion
2) During the period _ the world's population more than doubled.
1) _ is defined as the number of protons plus the number of neutrons.
A) Mass number
B) Ionic number
C) Isotopic number
D) Nuclear number
E) Atomic number
2) _ are composed of amino acids.
C) Nucleic acids