The Mesozoic era, Chapter 9, In a short History of the Earth.
1. What are the three periods that make up the Mesozoic era? What time period (in years)
does the Mesozoic era span?
a. Triassic (251-200) dinosaurs are wimpy
b. Jurassic (200-145)
Macroevolution or Speciation
a. A group of individuals that under natural conditions are capable of
interbreeding to produce fertile offspring.
What percentage of species has gone extinct?
How many mass extinctions have the
Life in the Universe Chapter 6: Sections 1-3
1. Why was important about the Miller Urey experiment? What did it
a. It produced the four building blocks of life (nucleotide, amino acids,
carbohydrate, and lipids). Under certain conditions, the
Life in the Universe Chapter 4: sections 1-6
1. Why does earth have the only habitable surface in the solar system?
a. It is a combination of its size and its distance from the sun.
2. What is responsible for driving plate tectonics, volcanism, and the ea
Chapter 18, The Bizarre Stellar Graveyard
What is the upper limit of mass that a white dwarf can have? What happens when the
mass exceeds that limit?
a. Its mass cant be any more than 1.4 solar masses. Nothing can go faster than the
speed of light so it b
Chapter 17, Star Stuff
1. Where did the elements heavier than hydrogen and helium come from?
a. It comes from stars
Exam 2 Study Guide
Chapter 16, Star birth
1. Where are stars born?
a) There are formed in molecular clouds.
2. In percent mass, what does the interstellar medium of our galaxy consists of?
a. 70% hydrogen, 28% helium, 2% other
3. What is the most abundant
Chapter 14, Our star the sun
1. Why does the sun shine?
a. Energy is released by nuclear fusion.
2. What is the power source of the sun? What is hydrogen being converted into?
The power source is nuclear fusion. Hydrogen is being converted into helium.
How Scientists Discover Truth. By Brian Tonks
1. What has the Lord promised to reveal to us in our day and in the millennium?
a. D&C 121Nothing shall be withheld.
2. If you could graph human societys knowledge and understanding of the world around us
Chapter 23 the Beginning of Time:
1. What are the seven eras of the creation of the universe?
a. Know the sequence in which they occur as well as the unique physical conditions
that characterizes each one.
a.i. Plank Erawe dont know much about it. We have
Chapter 5, Light and Matter
1. What do we mean when we say that light is an electromagnetic wave? How is
wavelength related to wave frequency and wave energy?
a. Electrons move when light passes by, showing that light carried a vibrating
electric field. S