Crops in China
China ranks first in worldwide farm output
producing mainly rice, wheat, potatoes,
peanuts, tea, barley, cotton, oilseed, pork,
Although China has such a large output only
about 15% of the land can be cultivate
Population Class Prep
What would you consider the three most important facts about Chinas massive
population? List them in order of importance and explain why they are important. [100 - 150
I think that one of the most important factors about Ch
DROPBOX 6- Abby Darrington
1. What would you consider three of the most pressing problems about the current Chinese legal
system? List them in order of importance and explain why they are important.
The three problems about the current Chinese legal syste
1. What would you consider the three most important features of Chinas geography? List them in
order of importance and explain why they are important. [100-150 words]
I think that the three most important features of Chinas geography are:
1. What would you consider the three most important facts about the Opium Wars? List them in
order of importance. Why they are important?
1. One important fact about the Opium Wars is that they began when the Chinese took a stand
against the drug that was
1. What was the Hundred Flowers Campaign and how did it affect China at the time?
The Hundred Flowers Campaign was a movement that encouraged the people to speak openly
and give their opinions about the communist party and its policies. This campaign was
1. What are some of the key teachings of Confucius?
Some of the key teachings of Confucius are that ever person has a role in the system or in
society. Let the ruler be a ruler and the subject be a subject. Behind that teaching however was
the belief that
1. Why did Lu Xun give up his study of medicine in Japan?
There were a couple reasons that Lu Xun could have given up his study of medicine in Japan. One
reason was that he was frankly squeamish around blood. Another was that the classes were
1. What are some factors that led to China's going from having the world's largest economy to
being overtaken as a superpower by the West in the 19th and 20th centuries?
Some of the factors that led to China being overtaken were their refusal of Macartney
1. In your opinion, what three concepts from the religions of Buddhism, Taoism and Islam stand
out as the most significant to you and why?
There are three concepts that stand out to me as the most significant from the religions of
Buddhism, Taoism and Isl
International Foundations 215 China
China and Germanys Family Life
China used to be a country that held their family bonds as sacred and honored their
ancestors accordingly but much has changed over the y
Given our own environmental abuse history in the West, how do you feel the Western
world should approach the Chinese in an effort to help them come to some resolution?
Our biggest abuse in our own environmental history is the industrial
1. In your opinion, what three concepts from the religions of Buddhism, Taoism and Islam
stand out as the most significant to you and why? [100-150 words total]
The religions, Buddhism, Taoism, and Islam are closely tied to specific ethnic groups and are