Anil K Saini
FDINT 215: 01
Lu Xun and Ai Weiwei
1. Why did Lu Xun give up his study of medicine in Japan?
Lu Xun decided to pursuit a degree in medicine because he wanted to cure
people with illnesses like his father had when he died. During his
1) What was the Hundred Flowers Campaign and how did it affect China at the
The Hundred Flowers Campaign was a period in history during the People's Republic of China
from 1956 to mid 1957, where the Chinese leaders of
Very Comfortable Retirement
1. Suppose you would like to have a retirement fund from which you can
draw an income of $100,000 per year-forever! How much would you
need to have invested by the time you retire? Assume an average APR
of 6% with one compoundi
Watch the four minute video clip below ("Battle of Wits" scene from The
Princess Bride). Listen closely to the logical reasoning of Vizzini as he tries to
make his choice from which goblet to drink. Is it an example of inductive or
deductive reasoning and
1. Describe in easy to understand language the difference between
simple interest and compound interest and why compounding truly
makes a difference in the long run.
The simple interest is the same absolute amount each year. The compound
interest grows fr
1. Suppose that you have a goal to drive two miles at an average rate of
60 miles per hour (mph). During the first mile you travel at a rate of 30
mph. How fast would you need to travel during the second mile in
order to reach your goal of 60 mph for the
1. Choose the fallacy that best represents the following statements:
Over the past few hundred years, global warming has increased and
the number of pirates on the open seas has decreased. Therefore,
global warming must be caused by a lack of pirates.
1. Suppose you are turning in a receipt to your ward financial
clerk for a reimbursement and unfortunately only the final
amount of $37.29 is showing on the receipt. The ward clerk
asks for your help to calculate how much went to state sales
tax in a doll
1. Describe in a few sentences, why you think this statement below
makes logical sense or does not make logical sense:
When Jennifer is depressed, she listens to music on her iPod. I saw her today
listening to music on her iPod, so she must have been d
1. Suppose the number of cells in a tumor double every 6 months.
If the tumor begins with a single cell, how many cells will there
be after 3 years and after 4 years?
After 3 years or 6 times-64 cells
After 4 years or 8 times-254 cells
2. The value of you
1. Using the Rule of 70, what is the doubling time for a money
market investment CD (certificate of deposit) that earns 3.75%
2. In 1982 the approximate membership in The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints was 5.2 milli
How many people at the conference are employed men without a college
degree in the figure above? (See Problem #62 in 1C of your textbook.)
How many people at the conference are unemployed men without a college
degree in the figure above? (See Pro
Suppose that you need a loan of $10,000 and are offered a choice of a
3-year loan at 7% interest or a 5-year loan at 8% interest. Find the monthly
payment and total interest for each. Then state a pro and a con for each loan
Recall that a prime number is a natural number whose only factors are itself and 1 (for example, 2, 3, 5, . .
. ). The Goldbach conjecture, posed in 1742, claims that every even number greater than 2 can be
expressed as the sum of two primes. For example,
1. What would you consider the three most important facts about the Opium Wars? List
them in order of importance. Why they are important?
I think first is to the Chinese people and to the West, all outcomes
Showed the Qing dynasty to be weak and inflexibl
When Lu Xun was in Japan studying medicine, it was during the war time, his class was
showing a video about how Japanese killed Chinese and there were many Chinese people
who were being spectators did nothing
1. What was the Hundred Flowers Campaign and how did it affect China at the time?
The Hundred Flowers Campaign is a movement called , which
means the CCP tried to encourage people to share different ideas, suggestions and
opinions, even criticism about th
What would you consider the three most important features of Chinas
geography? List them in order of importance and explain why they are
important. [100-150 words]
First thing I think is rivers. In China there are two major rivers that flowed
1. Give three reasons why China is finding such success in its involvement in Africa.
The first thing is China is not country who has a history about colonization or
exploitation, which means the relationship between China and Africa is not like the old
1. In your opinion, what three concepts from the religions of Buddhism, Taoism
and Islam stand out as the most significant to you and why?
From the religions of Buddhism, Taoism and Islam are closely tied to specific
ethnic groups and are a very important
Confucius expounded a system of social and political philosophy which he conveyed to a
group of disciples. His teachings and sayings were later collected by the disciples of
Confucius in a book. Confucius was al
Always come with bleeding. Every protest in Chinas history all has people died,
no bleeding no success for every prot
1. What would you consider the three most important facts about health and education
issues in China? List them in order of importance and explain why they are important.
First is gas emission and water pollution. Environment issue always first and it eff
What would you consider three of the most pressing problems about the
current Chinese legal system? List them in order of importance and explain
why they are important. [100-150 words]
The first thing is the current legal system in China still lack of
1. What would you consider the three most important facts about Taiwan? List them in
order of importance and explain why they are important.
Firstly, there are two parties which all have power to dominant Taiwan now, they are
GMD and DDP. And both of them
Study Guide for Classical Music
1. Classicism corresponds with:
2. Romanticism corresponds with:
3. Identify the basic characteristics of the Classic
Study Guide for Baroque Music
1. Like Baroque sculpture, Baroque music is full of movement and forceful emotion.
2. Antonio Stradivari was a famous maker of
3. Gottfried Silbermann was a fam
Using the Rule of 70, what is the doubling time for a money market investment CD (certificate of
deposit) that earns 3.75% annually?
Tdbl = 70/3.75%
Tdbl = 18.6666 years
In 1982 the approximate membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-da