Assignments from Lecture #17 - 3/22/2016
1. Quiz#4 is this Thursday, March 30th. Review the Study Guide for Quiz#4 posted in the Announcements section.
Complete the Take-Home for Quiz#4. Its due on Thursday as well.
What does this diagram show? See below
Assignments from Lecture #15 3/21/2017
Spring (the vernal equinox) began in the Northern Hemisphere on March 20, 2017 at 6:29 AM EDT.
The circle of illumination (the boundary between light and dark) pass
Lecture Notes A Civil Action Final Analysis
1. In what form did Judge Skinner instruct the jury? How did these instructions alter the course of the
waterworks phase of the trial? Were these instructions fair? Explain and be specific.
2. What was the jurys
Assignments from Lecture #21 - 4/11/2017
1. Lecture on Thursday, April 13, consists of the viewing of a video on the life of Rachel Carson and answering
a few questions about the video that will become Part 2 of Quiz#5.
IMPORTANT! YOU MUST BE ON TIME BECA
Assignments from Lecture #19 4/4/2017
1. Try the fission problem in LN#18. Youll need to answer a problem like this soon.
2. Please review the powerpoint on nuclear power that was shown in lecture today. I will review the answers to
LN#19 = Nuclear Power
Assignments from Lecture #18 - 3/24/2016
1. Extra-Credit exercise: Read Carbon by Primo Levi from his Periodic Table and reflect upon the pathway taken
by a carbon atom. Answer the first part of the Take-Home Question: Pathways of Carbon & TCE and record
(0 ) '+5.
9t 'i +
) O 'f
o/ J f
Assignments from Lecture #14 - 3/7/2017
1. Understand the answers to Review problems- Part3 Front End of the Nuclear Fuel Cycle. Answer to
these questions can be found in the Nuclides and Radioactivity folder.
2. Review the Nuclear Fuel Cycle Front End po
Assignments from Lecture #16 - 3/23/2017
1. Read the Introduction to the Documentary Companion to A Civil Action. This can be found in the Civil
2. Answer the Questions on the EPA Pump Test Maps (Quiz#4: Take-Home). The answers to these que
-a pest is any species that competes with us for food, invades lawns and gardens,
destroys wood in houses, spreads disease, or is simply a nuisance
-pesticide treadmill paying more and more for a pest control program that often
becomes less and less
Assignments from Lecture #6 2/2/2017
1. Read all of Rule 11 and review the appropriate questions and terminology in the Guide to the Reading of
Jonathan Harrs Civil Action.
2. Review pp. 254-258 in Groundwater Basics as well as questions 1-7 at the end of