Cellular Respiration Pre-Lab
1. What is the difference between a germinating and a non-germinating
The difference between germinating seeds and non-germinating, germinating
seeds can be planted and they will grow into a plan
Respirometerrespirometer respirometer 3 (dry)
Time(min) V of Pipette v of Pippete v of pipette
Oxygen Consumption of Soaked, Boiled and Dry Peas at Room Temperature
Respirometer 1 (S
1. Graph the respiration rate of all 3 respirometer on one
graph (include key
Pre-lab Questions: Investigating the factors affecting the rate of
1. Define the word catalyst. Will adding more catalyst increase the
rate of a reaction?
A catalyst is a substance that speeds the rate
Monday, September 7, 2015
Catalysis Lab- Investigating the factors affecting the rate of enzyme
Enzymes are proteins composed of long chains of amino acids held
together by peptide bonds. They are the catalysts, which make
1. Summarize your results for the variables you
tested with suitable graphs for experiment 1-5.
2. Discuss the trends you found in your graphs for
3. Describe what will happen to the rate of an
1. Measure and record the mass of each puck.
% Change in
n of Saline
In Class Assignment
Topic: Water Balance and Blood Sugar Regulation
What is ADH and where is it produced?
ADH is antidiuretic hormone that regulates osmotic pressure of body fluids
and fluid volume. ADH is produced in the