IDENTIFY the users of accounting information. PROVIDE two examples of decisions made
by the users of accounting information.
To know how well things are progressing financially.
To know about the financial status of the business.
Dynamic Programming and Inverse Optimal
in Mathematical Economics*
Departments of Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, and Medicine,
University of Southern Calif
In this article it has been used dynamic programming for the purpose of studying inverse
problems in the field of economics. This method has also effectively used for dealing with
adaptive and stochastic processes. In this article, the optimizatio
3%! Thats what he said about me. Me? Shultor. his wife
5.: a sandal, nothing better than a bitch-dog on heat? She spoke
l m C _( 3; ' Wrriedly and without introducing herself the moment I lifted
the telephone receiver off the hook. I was still
BT20403 COMMERCIAL LAW, SEMESTER 2, 2013/2014
TUTORIAL SHEET NO. 1
Topic 1: Introduction to Malaysian Legal System
What is law?
Explain the legal terminologies as listed below:
a. judicial precedent;
b. beyond reasonable doubt;
c. on the balance of
WEEK 5: FOUNDATIONS OF PLANNING
1) In a short essay, define planning and discuss the characteristics of formal planning as it is
used in various organizations.
2) White Forest Financials is a small investment firm, operating in an ext
WEEK 4: DECISION MAKING
1) List and discuss the eight steps in the decision-making process.
2) Briefly discuss the assumptions of rationality and the validity of those assumptions.
3) What is meant by bounded rationality and satisfici
WEEK 3: SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND ETHICS
1) Compare and contrast the ideas of social obligation, social responsiveness, and social
2) List and discuss five arguments in favor of business social responsibility and five
WEEK 2: MANAGING ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND CHANGE
1) Discuss the five dimensions of culture identified by Hofstede.
2) What are the three key entry decisions firms must make when considering international
3) Discuss the ad
WEEK 1: MANAGEMENT AND ITS EVOLUTION
1) What are the three issues strongly influencing business in the twenty-first century?
2) What is the difference between efficiency and effectiveness?
3) What are the three levels of management? W
ANSWERS TO QUIZ 3
1. Which of the following is true? If f(x) = , then
Ans: the domain of f is all real numbers and the range is all positive real numbers.
2. Which of the following is true? If f(x) = ln x, then
Ans: the domain of f is all positive real nu
ANSWERS TO QUIZ 2
1. If g(x) = 2
2. If f(x) =
- 3x + 4, then g(0) - g(2) =
and g(x) =
- 3x - 5, then the value of (f g)(4) is
3. Which of the following statements are true?
Slope is not defined for a vertical line.
A line that falls
Under the Malaysian anti money-laundering law, money laundering is
Considered, inter alia, as an act of a person who engages directly or
indirectly in a transaction that involves proceeds of an unlawful activity.
Section 3 of the Anti-Money Laundering Act