The objective of this project is to compare various types of the construction materials
(ceramic, polypropylene and fiberglass) used for particular application, which is for
gardening. Besides, this project also determine the most suitable ty
1. A cube of ice at 0oC with mass 3.5 kg was placed in a closed container whose volume
is 0.8 m and pressure is 1 atm. Heat was introduced with the rate
kJ/min. Assuming the rate of heat transfer remains constant, how long will it take for
Tutorial Chapter 2
1. R-134a whose specific volume is 0.030 m3/kg flows through a tube at 800 kPa. What
is the temperature in the tube?
2. 1 kg of water fills a 150 L rigid container at an initial pressure of 2 MPa. The container
is then cooled to
In chemical industries, plug flow reactor are widely use to convert
reactant to become a products. The advantages of
PFR is it have a high
volumetric unit conversion and can run for long periods of time without having
a maintenance. Controlling p
Firstly, 0.3M NaOH was prepared as the titrant
Then, 50mL of oleic acid, 50mL of n-Butanol and 0.3g of lipase was
The substances on the hot plate was mixed with the temperature of
37 C inside the reactor
When sampling was taken, the t
BKF 3472 : CHEMICAL REACTION ENGINEERING II
ASSIGNMENT 2 (Due date : 1st Dec 2016 before 5pm)
A first order irreversible reaction is carried out on a catalyst with a
diameter of 0.2cm and effective diffusivity of 0.015 cm 2/s. The intrinsic
Dr. Syed Mohd Sauf
Lecturer & Section
DR ASMIDA IDERIS
DR SYED MOHD
PM DR M
Dr. Syed Mohd Sauf
Q1 TEST 1 13/14-I
F e e d 'S o lv e n t '
'M E A '
V e n t 'G a s '
A ,'C O 2 '
A b so rb e r'
Amine absorption process using MEA solvent is commonly
1) Calculate the pressure in a tank containing 5 ton of Cl2 at 350oC. Tank volume is 20 m3.
2) Joshua, a bright young man, now already armed with a 1st-class degree in chemical
engineering from Universiti Malaysia Pahang has recently been appointed as an