Chapter 1 1
Creating and Capturing Customer Value
1. Define marketing and outline the steps in the marketing process
2. Importance of understanding customers and the marketplace and identify the five core marketplace
3. Identify the key
Chapter 3 1
Analyzing the Marketing Environment
Describe the environmental forces that affect the companys ability to serve its customers
Explain how changes in the demographic and economic environments affect marketing decisions
Chapter 2 1
Company and Marketing Strategy- Partnership to Build Customer Relationships
1. Explain companywide strategic planning and its four steps
2. Discuss how to design business portfolios and growth strategies
3. Explain marketings role in
ABDT3273 MARKETING TUTORIAL QUESTIONS
Briefing on coursework
Briefing of course syllabus, coursework requirement and examination format.
ESSAY QUESTIONS: CHP 1- DEFINING MARKETING AND THE MARKETING PROCESS
1. Define marketing and outline the
TUTORIAL 3 - CHAPTER 3 THE MARKETING ENVIRONMENT
1. Describe the environmental forces that affect the companys ability to serve its customers.
The companys microenvironment consists of other factors close to the company that combine to
form the companys v
TUTORIAL 5: CONSUMER AND BUSINESS BUYER BEHAVIOUR
CHAPTER 5 UNDERSTANDING CONSUMER AND BUSINESS BUYER BEHAVIOR
PART (B) ESSAY QUESTIONS:
1. Understanding the consumer market and the major factors that influence consumer buyer behavior.
The consumer market
TUTORIAL 6: MARKET SEGMENTATION, TARGETING AND POSITIONING
PART (A) ESSAY QUESTIONS:
1. Define the major steps in designing a customer driven strategy: market segmentation, targeting,
differentiation and positioning.
Customer-driven marketing strategy beg
ADVERTISING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
PERSONAL SELLING AND SALES PROMOTION
1. A companys total marketing communications mixalso called its promotion mixconsists of
the specific blend of five
TUTORIAL 11: DISTRIBUTION DECISIONS
1. Compare and contrast direct marketing channels and indirect marketing channel.
Direct marketing channels have no intermediary levels; the company sells directly to consumers.
Indirect marketing channels contain one o
Semester 3, 2015/2016 Tutorial Suggested Answers
TUTORIAL 1 (BRIEFING)
CHAPTER 1 MARKETING: MANAGING PROFITABLE CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
ESSAY QUESTIONS: DEFINING MARKETING AND THE MARKETING PROCESS
1. Define marketing and outline the steps in the marketing