1. Define strategy and business-level. What is the difference between these
In general, a strategy consists of the choices an organization makes in an attempt to
gain strategic competitiveness and earn above-average returns. The o
Chapter 1: SMgmt and Stragetic Competitiveness
1. Define strategic competitiveness and above-average returns. What is the relationship
between strategic competitiveness and returns on investment?
Strategic competitiveness - a
1. Define strategic competiveness and above-average returns. What is the relationship
between strategic competiveness and returns on investment?
Strategic competitiveness is achieved when the firm successfully formulates and
implements a value-creating st
Faculty of Business and Information Science
A coursework completed as part of the requirement for
SUBJECT NAME: Strategic Management
SUBJECT CODE: BB309
SWOT Analysis for Batang Ai Resort
1. Special place to visit
Batang Ai is a special place where visitors can both experience the Borneo rainforest
& learn about Iban cultural traditions. The local communities have a vibrant living
culture with a
1. Describe the importance of internal analysis to the strategic success of the
2. Describe the four specific criteria that managers can use to decide which
of the firms capabilities have the potential to create a sustainable
1. Differentiate between corporate-level and businesslevel strategies and give examples of each
2. What are the five categories of business based on level
3. Describe the primary reasons for a firm implement a
1. Describe the rational of strategic management for the company and
performances and success
2. Describe the firms strategic flexibility and its important to achieve
3. Describe the industrial organization model of above-
4. Identify the five forces that underlie the five forces model of competition. Explain briefly
how they affect industry profit potential.
The five forces model of competition consitsts of threat of new entrants, bargaining power of
1. Identify the three major parts of the external environment.
The first is the general environment, which is composed of dimension in
the broader society that affects industries and their firms. These
environment segments are: demographic, ec
Define strategic competitiveness and above-average returns. What is the
relationship between strategic competitiveness and returns on investment?
- Strategic competitiveness is achieved when a firm successfully
formulates and implements a val