Section 4(b) ITA 1967 Gains or profits from
Employment means :
1. employment in which the relation
OVERVIEW OF MALAYSIAN
Main Objectives of Taxation
1. Taxes are used to fund government
development and social expenditure.
2. Taxes are to be collected efficiently and at
minimum cost to government and to taxpayers.
3. Taxes can be
1. Personal reliefs are deducted from total
income of an individual to arrive at
2. Reliefs are only given to resident individuals.
3. Some reliefs are available only under joint
Section 4(c), (d) and (e)
This chapter covers unearned income i.e.
income other than business income Section
4(a) and employment income Section 4(b).
Section 4(c): Dividends
1. Definition Profit generated by
Section 7(1)(a) to (d)
1. Residence status of an individual is
determined by Section 7 Income Tax Act
2. It is a quantitative test, that is, it is determined
by the number of days an ind
1. Operations means an activity which consists
a. the carrying on of a business;
b. the making of investments;
c. the carrying on of a business and the making of
d. the making of investments prior t
Definition of a Partnership
1. It is an association of any kind between parties
who have agreed to combine any of their
rights, power, property, labour or skill for the
purpose of carrying on a business and
sharing the profi