Chapter 16 Study Guide Questions
Process Equilibrium is related to a balance of material and energy.
Over range occurs when a signal exceeds any of these conditions except:
a device range limits
b device speed limits
c device span limit
Chapter 18 Study Guide Questions
1. The initiating controller in a cascade loop is called the secondary (slave) controller
2. Remote setpoint (RSP) is a term associated with which control scheme?
a local manual control
c split ran
Chapter 23 Study Guide Questions
1. A set of conditions that must be met to insure safe operation of a piece of equipment:
2. A circuit designed to initiate emergency shutdown.
Chapter 19 Study Guide Questions
1. Bumpless transfer has become more difficult with the introduction of digital controllers.
2. With modern digital controls bumpless transfer is no longer an issue when working with
Chapter 20 Study Guide Questions
PLC logic refers to computer instructions that are basically on/off commands based on
Diagrams used to describe PLC internal logic are called:
b ladder diagrams
Chapter 15 Study Guide Questions
1. A _ is a device that produces a standard instrument signal that carries the
value of the measured variable into the control loop.
2. A method used to protect the integrity of an elect
Chapter 22 Study Guide Questions
During normal operation, power will not pass through the ATS
_ will signal the generator to turn on in the event of power failure from the primary
a main breaker
b static switch
Chapter 21 Study Guide Questions
Computer failure using Direct Digital Control would likely cause:
a law suits
b catastrophic fires
c no problem
d unit shut-down
The local computers for each node in a DCS system communicate with a host computer
Chapter 17 Study Guide Questions
Feedback is a closed loop control strategy while feedforward is an open loop control strategy.
This type of control is used in places where a fairly large measurement zone is not a problem.
Chapter 24 Study Guide Questions
1. Troubleshooting often utilizes a process of _ .
2. _ is rigorous testing to determine an instruments accuracy.