INF001 - Discussion tutorial Weeks 3
1) Imagine that you do not have access to the Internet for a day (or for a week). Talk to the person
next to you and list three tasks you will not be able to complete without the Internet.
Inability to access social ne
INF001 In-Class Test 1 Outline answers
Answer all question
Time allowed: 30 mins.
Supermarkets are among the many businesses that use information technology/ information systems
extensively to make their operations more efficient and effective,
INF001 Discussion Tutorial Weeks 10 & 11
Q1 (Review Questions your own time)
1. IS development is often considered to be a risky business. Identify and briefly explain FIVE major
risks (or challenges) that relate to IS development.
Difficulty of determini
INF001 Discussion tutorial weeks 1 & 2
Business Process Management
1. Watch the Wk 2 Tutorial.mp4 video clip and identify examples for 5 components of
tracking and delivery system of UPS.
INF 001 Discussion Tutorial - Week 8 Outline Answers
Question 1 (on your own time)
1. Explain the purpose of maintaining a database.
To keep track of things.
2. What is a database?
A self-describing collection of integrated records
3. Using an example exp
INF 001 Discussion Tutorial - Week 7 Outline Answers
1. What factors you should consider when buying hardware and software?
Hardware: Processing power, memory, storage capacity, price, vendor, services, etc.
Software: Compatibility with existing software
INF 001 Discussion Tutorial - Week 9 Outline Answers
1. Discuss why organizations are concern about security (and reliability) of their information
Failed computer systems can lead to significant or total loss of business function
Loss of sales/
INF001 - Discussion tutorial Week 5
Chocolat is a Christchurch-based retailer of fine handmade chocolates. Chocolat produces its own
range of premium handmade chocolates. Sourcing its key ingredients (i.e. cocoa beans) from select
growers in th
Discussion Tutorial (Week 4)
(Kroenke Chapter 9: Business Intelligence Systems)
Question 1 (Source, Kroenke Ch 9):
Suppose you are a member of Forest & Bird (Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand),
and the committee of the local branch a
INF001 - Class Test 2 Outline Answers
Time allowed: 30 mins.
Chocolat is a local retailer of fine chocolate and confectionary. The firm also produces its own
signature range of handmade chocolates made from premium cocoa beans. Sourcing its