1. Some managers can learn more about the challenges and opportunities their employees were
encountering. Also how difficult the job really is and the skills need to complete the job.
2. I would appreciate it because they c
Chapter Nine Case Incidents
1. Some decision making problems that arose was that everyone had different views of a specific
subject and we only had to make one choice and the choice we made didnt reflect everyone
2. We cou
1. Personality is the sum total ways in which an individual reacts to and interacts with others. The
most way of measuring personality is through self report surveys and observers ratings surveys.
1. We define a group as two or more individuals, interacting and interdependent, who have come
together to achieve particular objectives. Groups can be either formal or informal. By a formal
group, we mean one defined by the or
1. Im more of an extroverted leader. I could try to get to know the ones under me on a person to
person level and take advice from followers.
2. Some conditions are being a dynamic public speaker, a forceful and dominant pe
1. Cognitive is a description of or belief in the way things are. Affective is the emotional or feeling
segment of an attitude. Behavioral component of an attitude describes an intention to behave in
1. As organizations have restructured themselves to compete more effectively and efficiently, they
have turned to teams as a better way to use employee talents. Teams are more flexible and
responsive to changing e
Case Study Chapter 2
1. The average age of the workforce has continually increased as medical science continues to
enhance longevity and vitality
2. No I dont I believe it will create more challenges because if the manager set clear expecta
1. Perception is a process by which individuals organize and interpret their sensory impressions in
order to give meaning to their environment.
1. The three key elements in our definition are intensity, direction, and persistence.
Intensity describes how hard a person tries. Intensity describes how hard a
person tries. This is the element most of u
Chapter 1 & 2
1. They help organization attract and keep high performing employees good interpersonal skills
makes the work place more pleasant and that lowers stress and people quit less often.
2. Managers get thing