1. When the pop. slope is equal to 0, there is a relationship
between the y and x variables. <79 Hide answers
2. In a MR model, which of the following is correct regarding
the value of the adjusted R2? 9 Hide answers
A It has to be positive. 0 It ca
Worksheet 12 Answers:
1. We choose Duration and Emergency Room Visits because they are the best predictors
with a high R^2 and relatively low se. Lets leave out Complications completely because
clearly we have unreported data that wont help when creating
Worksheet 8 Answers:
2. Positive, linear, strong association, 0.919
3. 240.64 passengers, not accurate because it results in a lot of variability in the y values.
We need an x variable to help explain and reduce some of this variability.
4. 100.85 pas
2. We will use the paired t-test because each individual is tasting both of the juices and
giving it a rating. Each pair clearly indicates a relationship.
3. ud = the true mean difference of ratings between apple juice and orange juice
4. Ho: ud = 0 (
2. Observational study, we are not manipulating any variables or randomly assigning
treatments to experimental units.
3. Explanatory: type of cereal (4 levels: Kelloggs, Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Special K)
Response: sugar content
Worksheet 4: 1-Way ANOVA
Joke: Q: What did the new statistics professor do when his lecture on analysis of variance
flopped in front of a large class?
A: He had to go OVA ANOVA ANOVA it again!
In-class exercise (using JMP):
How does the type of cereal aff
Essay Topics for Exam #1 Thursday, October 12
(On the Exam, Youll Choose 4 of 6 Essays)
1. We know there are pros and cons (or positive/negative impacts) for countries with very high and
very low fertility rates. First, explain how high fert
1. Tuition^ = 27903.321 - 0.3693586*Number of College Students
2. 1. Linearity (Looking at the residual vs. predicted plot, there is an apparent curve in the
graph so this assumption is not satisfied) NOTE: we cant even think of checking other
Worksheet 10 Answers:
1. Linearity of uy|x and xs: Using the residual vs. predicted plot, we can tell this assumption
is satisfied because there is a random scatter of points above and below 0 with no obvious
2. Independence o
Worksheet 9: Regression Inference
A statistican wants to know whether there is an association between the amount of miles per hour
over the speed limit and the amount of fine imposed. He randomly surveys 10 drivers who were
caught for speeding who reporte
Worksheet 6 Answers:
1. Observational study, not manipulating any variables or randomly assigning treatments to
2. Response: MPG, Quantitative
Explanatory: Car Weight, Quantitative
Yes, we see a clear negative direction.
An Overview of Financial Management
After reading this chapter, students should be able to:
Explain the role of finance and the different types of jobs in finance.
Identify the advantages and disadvantages of different form
FINANCIAL MARKETS AND INSTITUTIONS
After reading this chapter, students should be able to:
Identify the different types of financial markets and financial
institutions, and explain how these markets and institutions enhance
4 YEAR PLAN
Instructions & Expectations
Due Friday, December 2nd by 11:55 PM via PolyLearn
*Extra Credit Opportunity! Turn in your 4 Year Plan Project by 11:55 PM via Pol
Worksheet 6: Correlation
Joke: Facebook cancelled out the cholesterol-lowering effects of Justin Bieber. But correlation
doesnt imply causation!
1. Observational or experimental study? Explain.
2. Response and explanatory variable? Type of each?
Worksheet 3: Paired t-Test
Joke: Two statisticians went duck hunting. A duck flew overhead and one statistician fired just
to the right of the bird. The other statistician fired just to the left of the bird. They turned
to each other in glee, and congratu
Worksheet 17: Linear, Seasonal Models, and Smoothing Techniques
A market analyst collected data for 5 years, from 2011 to 2016 noting down the number of
smartphones sold (in millions) for each quarter during each year.
1. Describe the components of our ti
Worksheet 15 Answers:
1. Yes, there is multicollinearity present because:
1. There are large correlations among our x variables, especially between shark length
and number of teeth. (must be 0.7 or more, and we have 2 such sets of variables
Worksheet 10: Assumptions and Confidence/Prediction Intervals
A seismologist wants to know whether there is an association between the magnitude of an
earthquake and the height of an unstable building after the earthquake. He randomly collects 50
Use this to complete your Reading Notes. I expect 18 Reading Notes.
1. Learning Objective 1.1.1:
Summarize differences between geography and history.
2. Learning Objective 1.1.2:
Understand how cartography developed as science.
Worksheet 7 Answers:
3. Response: Total cost of grocery shopping per month
Explanatory: Number of times of grocery shopping each month
4. Strong, positive linear association
5. No, correlation does not mean causation especially because this
The administration and faculty at Cal Poly have though long and hard about their admission
criteria. They have decided to forget about activities, athletics, parents who are alumni,
interviews, recommendations, etc. in deciding which high school students
Geography 150: What NOT to Know for Exam #1
Chapter 1 This is Geography
1. You dont need to know names of geographers, philosophers, map-makers or cartographers
2. Likewise, you dont need to know the dates certain geography books or maps were pu
Worksheet 13: MLR Assumptions and Dummy Variables
An agricultural business student wants to predict the sales price in dollars per acre in Minnesota
by randomly selecting 30 former farmers and reporting how many acres their plot of land was as
well as how
Worksheet 16: Nonlinear Relationships and Time Series
A bird watcher wants to know whether there is an association between the length of a birds wing
and its gliding distance. He randomly selects 10 birds and notes down the length of the birds
Chapter 4 Analysis of Financial Statements
4-1 Ratio Analysis
We divide the ratios into five categories:
1. Liquidity - measures the ability to meet short-term obligations
2. Asset Management - measures the ability to contain the growth of assets, and th
The organization for the Rancho Solano Case took care of the conclusion of the schools in a sloppy,
childish way. Parents of the students were not sufficiently given notification on the conclusion and not
offered to be repaid educational cost was official
The article I read discusses twenty inquiries associations confronted with danger for a business tort
ought to ask the assurance scope counsel.