Exam 1 study guide:
Be familiar with the following:
1. Definition of research
2. Characteristics of scientific research: organized, objective, controlled, empirical,
public, and predictive
3. Goals of research
4. Relationship between research a
1. What is focus group interview?
2. How many participants are recommended for one session?
3. What researchers need to prepare to facilitate FGI?
4. Who is moderator? And what skills are required?
1. How to depict the data:
Summary information for each variable
1. Number of cases:
How many people answered? How many articles did you coded?
2. Central tendency
Before answering to research questions or
hypotheses, researchers need to describe the