Honors assignment: Letter to the Editor about Montague-Capulet feud
Write a letter (330 words, tds) to the editor of the Verona newspaper (you come up with a name for the
paper) from ONE of the three following points of view:
A neutral citizen proposing
E1H Romeo and Juliet Study Guide Act 3
ACT 3 SCENE 1
1. Why do you think Tybalt approaches Mercutio and Benvolio and wants a word with one of them
2. Mercutio tries to provoke Tybalt to fight (lines 37-38). Why doesnt Tybalt want to fight him (
Hanging in Verona for the holidays
English 1H Quarter 3 Progress Conferences
During the Spring Semester you will have two individual progress conferences with
me. The first one counts for about 5% of your final grade and the second one counts for
about 10%. This gives you a chance to impro
English 1H Study Questions: To Kill a Mockingbird
1. Although Atticus did not want his children in court, he defends Jem's right to know what has
happened. Explain, in your own words, Atticus's reasons for this. (Look at the s
1. How does Atticus advise Jem to react to Mrs. Dubose's taunts?
2. What does Mrs. Dubose say about the children's mother? How does Jem feel about this?
3. What request does Mrs. Dubose make of Jem? Is this a fair punishment for his crime?
To Kill a Mockingbird Vocabulary
Find the following words in the text and write down the appropriate definitions.
p. 27: contentious, condescension, contemptuous,
p. 3: assuaged, apothecary
p. 28: dispersed, fraught, monosyllabic
Answer all of the following questions in your journal.
1. What do you learn in this chapter about Maycomb, Atticus Finch and his family?
2. What do you learn about Dill's character?
3. What, briefly, has happened to Arthur Boo Radley?
4. Why doe
SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT PRACTICE
Each of the sofas (was, were) over six feet long.
Either the muffler or the tailpipe (is, are) broken.
Some of my money (was, were) lying on the table.
Discussion Questions: Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Here are some ideas to begin our book chat on Speak. On the right side of your
reading journal respond to all of the following questions and prompts :
What passage, scene, dialogue especially impressed