1. Sea water contains roughly 28.0 g of NaCl per liter. What is the molarity of sodium chloride in sea
2. What is the molarity of 245.0 g of H2SO4 dissolved in 1.00 L of solution?
3. What is the molarity of 5.30 g of Na2CO3 dis
1. A stock solution of 1.00 M NaCl is available. How many milliliters are needed to make 100.0
mL of 0.750 M?
2. What volume of 0.250 M KCl is needed to make 100.0 mL of 0.100 M solution?
3. Concentrated H2SO4 is 18.0 M. What volume is
Dilution Notes and Practice
To dilute a solution means to add more solvent without the addition of more solute. Of course, the
resulting solution is thoroughly mixed so as to ensure that all parts of the solution are i
CHEM.A.1.2.1 Compare properties of solutions containing ionic or
molecular solutes (e.g., dissolving, dissociating). (3.2.CAl)
CHEM.A.L2.2 Differentiate between homogeneous and
heterogeneous mixtures (e.g., how such mixtures