Chapter 19 review questions:
1. Three layers of blood vessels from outside to inside (tunic externa or tunica adventitia, tunica media,
2. A blood vessel supplying blood to the larger blood vessel is called: Vasa vasorum
3. List the types o
The Immune System:
Innate and Adaptive Body Defenses
Immune system is the defense system of the body against foreign invaders and unwanted self-antigens.
You can classify immunity into two major types, Innate and Adoptive.
An innate is a nonspecific type
Respiratory system questions.
Air moves into the lungs because
the gas pressure in the lungs becomes less than outside pressure as the diaphragm contracts.
Alveolar ventilation rate is
the movement of air into and out of the alveoli during a particular ti
Exam 4 Prep guide
1. The structure indicated in the diagram of male reproductive system is
b) vas deferens
c) prostatic urethra
2. The insertion of semen in female genital tract to get her pregnant by unnatural means, if the
1: During deglutition the food bolus passes into the stomach from the esophagus through the
a) ileocecal valve.
b) gastroesophageal sphincter.
c) pyloric sphincter.
d) urethral sphincter.
2: Which of the following statement is correct regarding bile salts
Questions from the chapter of blood.
1. Name the formed elements in the blood?
2. Describe the term universal donors in the context of blood groups?
3. Define agglutination?
3. Which is the most abundant plasma protein?
4. When neither anti-A nor anti-B s
The mechanical and chemical receptors that control digestive activity are located _.
in the glandular tissue that lines the organ lumen
in the walls of the tract organs
in the pons and medulla
only in the esophagus beca