Monday, 8 June 2015
CSR topic 7!
- from a family owned company to a family of companies: !
gradual growth - according to their 2013 report - driving forces have been pride and
belief in their people - still keep operations pretty simple like roast
Thursday, 2 April 2015
CSR topic 7!
WHO IS A STAKEHOLDER: !
- Any group or individual who can affect or is affected by the achievement of the
organisations objectives. Edward Freeman (1984: 46)!
- stakeholder definition -Freeman-
Thursday, 21 May 2015
CSR topic 3 !
CSR and the mining industry
CSR WHAT IT WAS, IS AND SHOULD BE
- CSR and sustainability - 2 main terms used to describe the social and environmental contribu8ons and
consequences of business ac8
In business environments and academic debates hundreds of concepts and definitions have been developed to develop
a more humane/ethical/ transparent way of doing business corporate sustainability
The development of the idea of corporate sust
Monday, 1 June 2015
1. How did the APTech company communicate with its stakeholders in the simulation
exercise that we did in the class room? Analyse the communication and decision
making process between the company and its stakehold
CSR topic 2 !
concepts and theories
- different concepts help us understand better what is CSR about, by having an idea
what it has in common and what it has different from other concepts !
- on the one hand we have the concepts and the terms and
Sustainability accounting (also known as social accounting, social and environmental accounting,
corporate social reporting, corporate social responsibility reporting, or non-financial reporting) was
originated about 20 years ago
2.1 What Is Ethics?
Explain how both individuals and institutions can be viewed as ethical or unethical.
Explain how law and ethics are different, and why a good reputation can be more
important than legal compliance.
Most of those
Friday, 29 May 2015
CSR Topic 6!
Alternative economic/ business concepts for complex socio-ecological
COMPLEX SOCIO- ECOLOGICAL CHALLENGES: !
- starting to think in terms of social ecological systems - systems thinking -which involve
Friday, 22 May 2015
CSR topic 4!
CSR IS NOT A NEW CONCEPT:!
- A large proportion of organisations have always done things that could today be called
corporate social responsibility, even if they do not know or use the term themselves.!