Immanuel Kant was a scholar of varied interests and he wrote in the period referred to as
the enlightenment. His studies and writings were influenced by his upbringing and his
environment. The Catholic religion was important to his family
Total score 5
l, What does Aristotle say is the ultimate goal of all intelligent activity? Also, what
do you think Aristotle means here by intelligent? (it is worth 0,5)
2. What function is unique to man (i.e., not shared by animals)? (it i
'- s'ruoEN'r's NAME.
Quiz on Utilitarianism
1. During which century did John Stuart Mill write Utilitarianism? 0.25
(A) The 17th
( )The 12th
([3) The 20th
2. Which writer was a major proponent of the theory of utilitarianism? 0,25
Utilitarianism suggests that an action is right, and moral, if it provides benefit to the
greater number of people. If the majority of the group is receiving satisfaction from an act or
behavior, this is an action that should be taken. So,
Quiz #2 A . Tot Score 5
* E- . : eta-x; '-
1. What does Kant mean by a maxim? 0.5 p
- a. A bit of folksy wisdom.
a; b. An objective moral law.
v c. A misleading moral command.
Q d. A principle of action. '/
2. What is the fundamental principle of morali
Multiple-Choice Questions (3)
Eaghggygston is worth gigging.
w' ii what canstrarzts an be
U: True or False Questions (2)
Each .gg.m, worthwg wigs,
2, in Aristst 3
Muss Ears assets.