0.5 / 0.5 points
Biological psychologists are primarily interested in the study of the physiological, evolutionary, and _.
a) social influences on attitudes
b) developmental mechanisms of behavior and experience
c) cultural mechanisms of
Answers for Problem Set for Recitation #2
1. Imagine a beaker containing a semi-permeable membrane that is selective to K+
ions only. The membrane separates solutions containing 100 mM KCl on the left,
Chapter 2 Electrical signals of nerve cells (pgs 29 37)
How ion movements produce electrical signals
a. Electic potentials are generated because:
i. There are differences in the concentrations of specific ions across the
GRUPO: ENZO CASABIANCA, FERNANDA PACHECO, ANNABEL TORRES
AL JUICIO DEL AO
El narrador empieza describiendo una calurosa noche de verano donde decide salir al balcn
para tomar aire. All se pone a hacer observaciones de los astros, y es interrumpido por el
- Its still possible that injecting intracellular calc
- Intracellular application of Ca2 causes NT release in quantal form
- Supports the hypothesis that ca acts as a NT releasing factor on the inside of the
o Have a set up som
True / False
1. An ontogenetic explanation is one that describes the development of a structure
DIFFICULTY: Blooms: Understand
Biological Explanations of Behavior
True / False
1. Transmission of information between neurons occurs in the same way as transmission along an axon.
Properties of Synapses
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: KALA.BIOP.16.02.02 - Relat
35. Which process indicates spatial summation?
Present two or more weak stimuli at the same time.
Start action potentials at both ends of one axon at the same time.
Do not allow a flexor muscle to relax before stimulating it again.
After the migrating neuron reaches its destination, _ begin to form.
Why is it that every axon in an adult mammal has a target cell (muscle cell or other
neuron) with which it makes synaptic contact?
Running Head: CONCUSSIONS AND CHRONIC TRAUMATIC ENCEPHALOPATHY
Concussions and How Chronic Traumatic
Encephalopathy Effects Athletes
John A. Bunten
CONCUSSIONS AND CHRONIC TRAUMATIC ENCEPHALOPATHY
This paper explores the danger
Biological psychologist are primarily interested in the study of the physiological,
evolutionary, and _.
b) developmental mechanisms of behavior and experience.
A(n) _ explanation descrives eating in terms of the hypothalamus affecti
Note: if you are reviewing one of the websites below: Describe three interesting
findings, facts, personal reactions and/or observations. Explain their importance to
Chapter 11, Question 8
8. An easy to read site by Dr. Steve Burns on the bi
Describe three interesting findings, facts, personal reactions
and/or observations. Explain their importance to neuroscience.
I decided to review a MEDLINE plus website about vision impairment and blindness.
I myself have had a total of ten eye surgeries,
5. Explain why the vestibular sense is generally useless under conditions of
After reading the vestibular sensation section in our book, I decided to do a little
more digging online. I came across an article done by NASA talking about the
When it comes to genetics, the first thing humans tend to wonder, is how they obtained
certain traits while not obtaining others. Genes are dominant, recessive, or intermediate.
Throughout this response, these three will be defined, explained, and explore
11. Describe the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder
(PTSD). Discuss the relation between size of hippocampus,
cortisol levels, and vulnerability to PTSD. Review a current
research study to discuss something of interest, something we
7. This is good site for obtaining additional information about the
relationship between handedness and brain lateralization. The
site is the work of M. K. Holder, Director of the Handedness
Research Institute at Indiana
8. The home page of the National Institute for Alcohol Abuse and
When first clicking on the link I quickly noticed the professional
look to the website. It was very well made and easy to navigate
around. Very easy to f
1. Describe the three categories of muscle. Discuss the need for antagonistic
muscles. Review a current research study to discuss something of interest,
something we are currently learning, and/or something new about this topic.
When it comes to movement,