1. Find the relative error in computation of x+y for x=13.64 and y=5.28 having
absolute errors x=0.005 and y=0.002 respectively.
2. Find the relative error in computation of x-y for x=20.91 and y=9.27 having
absolute errors x=0.003 and y=0.001 r
1. How many feasible solutions does a 5 x 5 assignment problem have?
Ans = 5! or 120
2. How many variables does the formulation of 5 x 5 assignment problem have?
Ans = 25
For a n x n assignment problem there are n2 variables
3. How man
1. What is credit risk? What factors influence credit risk?
2. Explain the procedure followed by banks for credit risk management.
3. Discuss the essential features of an integrated credit risk management system.
4. What is internal credit rati
What is asset liability management?
Explain the steps in asset liability management process.
What is gap analysis? How is it performed?
What is duration analysis? Explain the methodology.
How is interest rate risk manage
1. Liberalization requires low level of regulation whereas occurrence of financial crisis demands a
high level of regulation. How do you think a central bank needs to balance these extremes?
2. How does regulation help banks in managing risk?
1. TV sets are to be transported from three factories to three retail stores. The
available quantities are 300, 400 and 500 respectively in the three factories and the
requirements are 250, 350 and 500 in the three stores. They are f
1. For the initial value problem
approximations by Picards method for
, with x0 = 2, y0 = 0.
2. Use Picard's method to find third approximation to solve
= 1 at
= 1, find first thr
(1) Use Jacobis method to solve the following system of equations, with
x 1,1,1 as initial approximation, correct to 2 significant figures.
x 10 y 3z 39
10 x 2 y 5 z 26
4 x 5 y 10 z 47
What is the minimum number of iterations required to ge
1. Use Simpsons
loge (1 +
rd rule dividing the range into ten equal parts, to show that
2. Calculate an approximate value of
rd rule, using 11 ordinates
Ans: ( )0.9981 ( )1.0006
1. Apply Lagranges formula to find the cubic polynomial which includes the
following values of x and yx:
2. Apply Lagranges formula to find f (5), given that f(2)=4, f(3)=8, f(4)=16,
f(7)=128 and explain why the re
1. Evaluate the following:
from the following table:
4. Prove that
[Hint: Already proved
6. Given that
is a polynomial of
1. Find first and second derivatives of the function given below at the point x = 1.2.
Ans: f ' (1.2) = -1.7733, f ' (1.2) = 14.16
2. From the following data, find f ' (10) :
1. Solve, by Gauss Elimination method, the system
x 3y 2z 5
2 x y z 1
x 2 y 3z 2
(Ans: x 1, y 2, z 1 )
2. Solve the following system of equations by Gauss-Elimination method, correct
to three places of decimals:
5.091x 3.455 y 1.091z 1.276
Remote Procedure Call
Definition and Why?
Remote Procedure Call is used to execute subroutines on other hosts. The ideas is to provide
a simple mechanism for distributed computing without the need to include socket code (or
something similar) in t
Lab 1 is due today, September 20
Homework 3 due Tuesday, September 25
Current Event Volunteer?
CS 484 Artificial Intelligence
Kinds of Games
CS 484 A
Concepts of Data Warehouse:
A data warehouse is a subject-oriented, integrated, time-varying, non-volatile collection of data that is
used primarily in organizational decision making.
Subject Oriented: Data warehouses are designed to help you analy
Three-Tier Data Warehouse Architecture
Generally a data warehouses adopts a three-tier architecture. Following are the three tiers of the data
Bottom Tier - The bottom tier of the architecture is the data warehouse database
Natural Language Processing
Prof. Carolina Ruiz
The essence of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence: Theory and Practice
By T. Dean, J. Allen, and Y. Aloimonos.
The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company, 199