InSITE - Where Parallels Intersect
Misinformation as a Starting Point for Critical Thinking
David A Banks
University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
The media generally, and the web in
Fact, Opinion, and Reasoned Judgment Activity
Fact: Is a 100% true statement.
Opinion: A statement of personal preference.
Reasoned Judgment: An opinion with factual supporting evidence.
Fact: Tahoma Jr. High offers its students all the common co
Biology Lecture 1103-31
Environmental Science- Problem Solution Paper
Environmental Factor in Decreasing Sperm Count In Male Homo Sapiens
Decreasing sperm counts worldwide have been recorded, falling by 50 percent
from levels measured in t
Biology 1000-51 Spring 20135
Quiz I (45 points)
Name _ Key _
Turn in the quiz to the dropbox, not by e-mail.
A. Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word. Each blank represents one word. (20
1. The smallest particle of an element is a(n) _
Biology 1000 51
Quiz II: Chapters 4 and 5 (40 points)
A. Fill in the blanks. (20 points)
1. Specialized extension of the endoplasmic reticulum muscle cells is called the
_Sarcoplasmic _ reticulum.
2. Proteins get from the endoplasmi
Quiz III (70 points)
Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12
A. You know what to do. (40 points)
1. Chromosomes come in pairs, one from the father and one from the mother. With minor
exceptions these chromosomes are identical. We say
Quiz V (Chapter 13, 14, 15)
Name _ Key _
A. Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word. (20 points)
1. The function of most proteins is determined by their _tertiary_ structure.
2. The strand of DNA copie