April 3, 2016
3. If a taxpayer sells property for cash, the amount realized consists of the net proceeds from the
sale. For each of the following, indicate the effect on the amount realized:
a. The property is sold on
March 3, 2016
1. Explain how an account receivable can give rise to a bad debt deduction.
An account receivable can give rise to a bad debt deduction if income arising
from the creation of the account receivable was pr
Study Guide for Midterm: Covers everything through Chapter 4
Multiple Choice, True/False, Fill-in the Blank 4 points each.
Essay questions, 10 points each.
Interpret, The Church Unicorn.
Henry Louis Gates suggested that film and the pop
February 14, 2016
2. Which of the following items can be inclusions in gross income?
a. During the year, shares of stock that the taxpayer had purchased as an
investment doubled in value.
b. Amount an off-duty
November 21, 2015
Chapter 13 (Educational Planning)
Does it matter who saves money for college: parents or child? Explain.
I believe that it doesnt matter who saves but it should be the parents jobs. The
child shouldnt have
November 13, 2015
1. Why did it take until the 1970s for the field of financial planning to begin?
Personal financial existed for many years. It was only originally for the wealthy
people until around the 197
FCS 316 Assignment 10
November 15, 2015
Chapter 12 Retirement Planning & Appendix C
4. Explain the difference between a defined benefit and a defined contribution plan?
Defined benefits give employees a guaranteed payout and place the risk o