Operations Strategy and Global Competitiveness
1. A purposeful collection of people, objects, and procedures for operating within an
environment is known as a(n):
b) Sub -system
1. Which of the following is NOT a problem commonly found when monitoring?
a) Organizations collect data that are easily gathered
b) Gathered data are not the most important to reach the organizations goals
Process Improvement: Minimizing Variation through
1. Six Sigma is among the most timely topics in business today because of the following,
a) It was developed by Motorola
b) High profile organizations report str
Process Planning and Design
1. Which of the following is NOT a basic form of transformation systems?
a) Job shop
b) Flow shop
c) Continuous transformation process
d) All of the above are basic forms of transformation systems
Managing Process Improvement Projects
1. Which of the following is NOT an example of a project?
a) Constructing highways, bridges, tunnels and dams
b) Managing research and development (R&D) activities such as the development of
Capacity, Scheduling and Location Planning
1. Which of the following are measures of capacity in terms of outputs and inputs
produced for the corresponding production system?
a) Airline customers checked out per hour reservation
Process Improvement: Reducing Waste through Lean
1. Which of the following is/are (a) primary tenet(s) in the Japanese work systems?
a) Waste is minimized
b) Continually improving process and systems
c) Six sigma implementation