Lab 20 C
1. To titrate a hydrochloric acid solution of unknown concentration
with standardized 0.50 M sodium hydroxide.
2. To titrate an acetic solution (vinegar) with standardized 0.50 M
3. To utilize the
14.1 Factors that
Four factors affect
July 13th, 2016
1. Physical state of the reactants:
Homogeneous > heterogeneous; the larger
the surface area, the
Chemical Equilibrium ()
General BLK 4
Chemical equilibrium occurs when opposing reactions proceed at equal
2. Equilibrium Constant Kc ()
Any reactions must follow the law of mass action:
If we have a reaction,
where A, B, D
13.1 The Solution Process
Two factors affecting the ability of
substance to form solution:
Entropy change during formation of
The spontaneity of the formation of
Three kinds of intermolecular
Lab 4B: Moles of Iron & Copper
1. To determine the number of moles of copper produced in the
reaction of iron and copper (II) chloride.
2. To determine the number of moles of iron used up in the reaction
of iron and copper (II) chloride.
3. To d
Lab 17A: Thermodynamics
1. To construct a simple calorimeter.
2. To determine the amount of heat energy released or absorbed in three
3. To obtain experimental evidence for the additivity of reaction heats.
Lab 7C: The Standard Molar Volume of a Gas
Chemistry 11 H blk:3 General
1. To collect over water a volume of hydrogen gas produced by the reaction
between magnesium and hydrochloric acid.
2. *To determine the partial pressure of hydrogen gas.
South Pasadena AP Chemistry
Period _ Date _/_/_
16 Chemical Equilibrium
Consider the reaction system,
CoO(s) + H2(g) Co(s) + H2O(g).
The equilibrium constant expression is
[CoO][H 2 ]
[H 2 ]
Lab 4C Determine the Empirical Formula of a Compound
1. To form a compound from the elements from the elements
iron and oxygen.
2. To observe the effect of a catalyst on a chemical reaction.
3. To determine the empirical formula of the compound
Chemistry Notes: Basic Concepts about Chemical
The chemical bond is a strong attractive force that exists
between certain atoms in a substance. There are 3 types of
*Types of Bonding*
There are 3 main types of bonding.
1 Ionic bonds are due
Experiment 3: Determination of a Solubility Product
Lab Partners: Emma Huang, Shin Sun and Andy Zhang
Sunday, November 20, 2016
Determination of a Solubility Product Constant
1. to prepare a number of solutions