Chapter 15: Antiparkinson Drugs
1. A patient has been taking selegiline (Eldepryl), 20 mg per day for 1 month. Today, during his
office visit, he tells the nurse that he forgot and had a beer with dinner last evening, and felt
Chapter 16: Psychotherapeutic Drugs
1. The nurse reads in the patients medication history that the patient is taking buspirone
(BuSpar). The nurse interprets that the patient may have which disorder?
Chapter 19: Adrenergic-Blocking Drugs
1. During therapy with a beta blocker, the patient notices that she has swollen feet, has gained 3
pounds within 2 days, feels short of breath even when walking around the house, and has been
Chapter 14: Antiepileptic Drugs
1. The nurse is reviewing the dosage schedule for several different antiepileptic drugs (AEDs).
Which antiepileptic drug allows for once-a-day dosing?
Chapter 18: Adrenergic Drugs
1. The nurse is aware that adrenergic drugs produce effects similar to which of these nervous
Central nervous system
Somatic nervous system
Sympathetic nervous system
Chapter 17: Substance Abuse
1. A 38-year-old male patient stopped smoking 6 months ago. He tells the nurse that he still feels
strong cigarette cravings and wonders if he is ever going to feel normal again. Which
statement by the