Accuracy-The quality of being near to the true value
Boiling point- The boiling point is the temperature when a liquid begins to boil and becomes a gas or
Chemical change- A change that results in a substance with a different identity (chemical com
71. Nonelectrolyte- A substance whose aqueous solutions do not conduct electricity.
72. pH- Negative logarithm of the concentration (mol/L) of the H 3O+[H+] ion; scale is commonly
used over a range 0 to 14.
73. Neutralize is a chemical reaction whereby an
ActinidesAlkali metals- Any metal in a 1A of the group of the periodic table.
Alkaline earth metal- Any metal that is in the 2A group of the periodic table.
Atom The smallest particle of an element that retains its identity in a chemi
Beaker-glass or plastic; common size are 50mL, 100mL, 250mL, 400mL glass beaker may be
Beaker tongs- used to support the beaker without having to have the beaker come in contact with
Buret- glass; common size are 25mL and 50mL; used to
1. How many protons are found in 12C? 13C? 13C?
2. How many neutrons are found in 12C? 13C? 13C?
3. How many electrons are found in 12C? 13C? 13C-?
4. Based on the model, what do all carbon atoms (and ions) have in common?