1. How many protons are found in 12C? 13C? 13C?
2. How many neutrons are found in 12C? 13C? 13C?
3. How many electrons are found in 12C? 13C? 13C-?
4. Based on the model, what do all carbon atoms (and ions) have in common?
Beaker-glass or plastic; common size are 50mL, 100mL, 250mL, 400mL glass beaker may be
Beaker tongs- used to support the beaker without having to have the beaker come in contact with
Buret- glass; common size are 25mL and 50mL; used to
ActinidesAlkali metals- Any metal in a 1A of the group of the periodic table.
Alkaline earth metal- Any metal that is in the 2A group of the periodic table.
Atom The smallest particle of an element that retains its identity in a chemi
71. Nonelectrolyte- A substance whose aqueous solutions do not conduct electricity.
72. pH- Negative logarithm of the concentration (mol/L) of the H 3O+[H+] ion; scale is commonly
used over a range 0 to 14.
73. Neutralize is a chemical reaction whereby an
Accuracy-The quality of being near to the true value
Boiling point- The boiling point is the temperature when a liquid begins to boil and becomes a gas or
Chemical change- A change that results in a substance with a different identity (chemical com