1. Job specialization is the overall task of the business are broken down into divided smaller
smaller components. The Job enlargement is the process that gives more tasks for the workers.
2. Departmentalization is grouping jobs in th
1. His theory suggest that human needs can be put in five categories in a hierarchy. They are physiology,
security, belongingness, esteem, and self-actualization. He/she wants certain ones or combinations.
2. Satisfaction and dissatis
1. OSHA. Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970.
2. The job description and the job specification are the two parts. The description list the duties of
the job. The specifications list the skills, abilities, and credentials.
1. A programmed decision is a mostly structured decision that revolves around recurring
things. A nonprogrammed decision is unstructured and doesn't happen very much at all.
2. Decision making under certainty is made with reasonable c
1. Regulators, Competitors, Customers, Suppliers, and Strategic Partners.
2. Ethics is a person's beliefs about something being wrong or right such as an action or behavior.
3. Those for social responsibility believe that many problem
Managing Operations, Quality, and Productivity
Questions for Review
1. What is the relationship of operations management to overall organizational
strategy? Where do productivity and quality fit into that relationship?
Operations management sho
Basic Elements of Control
Questions for Review
What is the purpose of organizational control? Why is it important?
The purpose of control is to let the organization know how well it is doing by comparing
where performance is, relative to a s
Managing Work Groups and Teams
2. What are the stages of group development? Do all teams develop through all
the stages discussed in this chapter? Why or why not? How might the
management of a mature team differ from the ma
1. First purpose of goals is to provide guidance for the persons in the organization. Second is
setting goals, this helps with for strong planning. Third is that these goals can be used for
motivation. Fourth the goals are good to use