For this assignment, I researched SickKids Hospital. Founded in 1875, SickKids Hospital
is a childrens hospital located in Ontario. It is currently Canadas most research-intensive
hospital and is also the largest medica
Wk6 Journal for Gabriel, Evelyn
what are characteristics of the joint production process?
Joint products are two or more products produced by the same process up to a split off
point. The split off point is the point at which the joint products become
2) Factors would cause an unfavorable labor rate variance is using more higly skilled workers.
higly skilled workers.
2) The industrial value chain analysis is not compatible with diffrentation strategies.
Discussion Questions for Ch. 5 & 6 for Gabriel, Evelyn
1) Cost measurement involves determining the dollar amounts of direct materials, direct
labor, and overhead used in production. Cost assignment is the association of production
cost with the units pro
Discussion Question Ch.15-16 for Gabriel, Evelyn
1) Learning manufacturing is thus approach designed to eliminate waste and maximized
2) The five principles of lean thinking are:
1. Precisely specify value by each particular product
1) Month with high number of purchase orders = August
Month with low number of purchase orders = February
2) Variable rate
= (High cost Low cost)/(High purchase orders Low
= ($20,940 $18,065)/(560 330) = $2,875/230
= $12.50 per PO
ACC337: QUIZ9 ANSWERS
Multiple Choice: A decision that focuses on whether a specially priced order should be accepted
or rejected is a.: A decision that focuses on whether a .
A decision that focuses on whether a specially price
Wk13 Journal for Gabriel, Evelyn
how would you describe the tactical decision-making model? P.878
Tactical decision consists of choosing among alternatives with an immediate end in view.
They can be short term decisions or larger strategic objectives that
Discussion Question Ch.13-14 for Gabriel, Evelyn
1. Strategic-based is a responsibility of accounting system. It converts an organization
mission and strategy into operational objectives. Also, focus on four perspectives; the
financial perspective, the cu
3. Costs that are expensed in the period in which they are incurred are called: Noninventoriable costs
Noninventoriable cost are normally
associated with cost incurred on the
sales side. For example, cost of
shipping to the customer. P.38
5.1 Cinco socios han decidido constituir una empresa de fabricacion de bicicletas.
las operaciones de fabrica,asi como varios estudios de mercados,de los cuales s
$ en que se puede vender
Segun los expertos,los costos fijos estimados son:
Discussion Questions Ch. 7-8 For Gabriel, Evelyn
1) obtain a mutually agreeable price, to compute product line profitability
2) Joint products are two or more products produced by the same process up to a split off
point. The split off point is the point
Discussion Questions Ch.11-12 for Gabriel, Evelyn
1) Competitive advantage is creating better customer value for the same or lower cost than
offered by competitors or creating equivalent value for lower cost than offered by
competitors. CA helps identify
The root cause analysis is a method for assessing problems based on their root causes.
This method analyzes the underlying factors (in an adverse reaction) in order to identify the
source of the problem and
Ethics Case Study
1) In this case, the Vice President of Sales is asking Ryan (the Chief Accountant) to change the way
the company accounts for its costs. Focused only on meeting his own goals, the VP of Sales
figures that he can ta
After further researching Activision Corporation, I have gained some valuable insight
about the companys competencies. One of Activisions core competencies is marketing.
Unquestionably, this company knows how to m
Discussion Questions Ch.1&2 for Gabriel, Evelyn
1) Cost management is the process of planning and controlling the budget of a business. For
example, help reduce the change of going over budget. Therefore, management
accounting is different from
.36 x 127,500=$45,900
513 + 1,767
Wk1 Journal for Gabriel, Evelyn
A) What are the different types of certifications available in the Accounting field?
CPA, CMA, CIA and CISA(ISACA)
B) What is the difference between Cost Management versus Financial Accounting?
Cost management focus
Discussion Questions Ch.3&4 for Gabriel, Evelyn
1) Cost changes when the level of output changes; for example, Amazon they now ship
about anything and you can even buy food. Amazon has this membership called Amazon
Prime you pay monthly fee to receiv
Discussion Questions for Ch17 & 18 for Gabriel, Evelyn
1. Tactical decision making is what you choose among the alternatives. It can immediate or
limited end in mind.
2. In this case, it means that tactical decision supports the overall strategic objectiv
5.1 La cadena de establecimientos Televisores del Norte, S.A., desea realizar un anlisis de costovolumen-utilidad para el nico
producto que maneja:
Precio de venta $2 000 c/u
Costos variables $1 000 c/u
Costos fijos $1 000 000 c/u