1. TiVo and other specific digital recording devices collect very specific data about
household television viewing. These services make it possible to know which programs are
recorded and watched (and when and how many times), which programs are recorded
1. You've been appointed as the new chief marketing officer (CMO) for a large packaged
goods company. Your CEO has decided that your company will be the premier
"relationship" company in your industry.
What could that mean?
How will you execute that?
1. Why has more progress been made on customer value differentiation than on customer needs
Companies tend to focus on customer value differentiation rather than customer needs because
it is a much more efficient way. When a company diffe
1. Why is it not enough to consider average customer value?
Average customer value simply means how much the customer is worth to the company.
However, average customer value fails to differentiate customers which is one of the most
important important as
Chapter 13: Organizing and Managing the Profitable Customer Strategy Enterprise: Part 1 and
Chapter 14: Organizing and Managing the Profitable Customer Strategy Enterprise: Part 2
1. Choose an organization and draw its organizational chart. How would that
1. From the customer's perspective, which is better: to buy through one channel or several
channels? The obvious answer is to have multiple channels available order from the
Web, make returns at the store, check on delivery by phone and have all of those
1. How will LEGO practice mass customization? To think about mass customization
for LEGO, consider:
Who are the customer types for LEGO? (Think B2B.) Who are the MVCs? The
MGCs? The BZs? (See Chapter 5.)
What are customers buying when they buy LEGO sets
1. Lets imagine you are the customer portfolio manager of a wireless phone company. How
should you be evaluated at the end of the quarter? Straight sales from your customers? Net
sales (sales minus cost to serve)? Customer satisfaction? Would it make sens
1. Who owns a customer's information?
Who should profit from it?
How would that work?
The customer itself owns their own information, but when a company can get a hold of their
customers information, it becomes a very strong asset for them. Knowing a cu
Chapter 15: Where Do We Go from Here?
1. Imagine you have been assigned to change a currently product-oriented company to a
customer-oriented firm. Select one. What is the first thing you do? What is your road map
for the next two years? The next five?
Chapter 3: Customer Relationships: Basic Building Blocks of IDIC and Trust
1. One company that has identified and recognized me as an individual would be the place
where I get my spa facials at, SkinCare Beauty Center. I have a specific lady who I come
MKTG_522 Extra Credit & WK 5 assignment
I wanted to send some details regarding how to approach this week's homework assignment. Last
week in your IMC draft you talked about what combination of mediums you plan to use to have
a successful IMC
MKTG522APA Guidelines and Writing Tips
APA Guidelines and Writing Tips
General Information on APA Format
APA format represents a writing style for most academic papers in a college environment. If
students follow this style, they will have well-organized
Week 3: Assignment
Create the Value: Market Segmentation Analysis and a Value Proposition
You have decided to explore the possibility of developing a new retail brand aimed at
a specific target market. Please prepare a report that would form the basis of